Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called my #1 choice breeder last night. When I talked to her the first week of March I thought she had said she had a litter due the end of March. Either she got it wrong or I did. Anyway the litter is due sometime next week. She said if it took the first breeding the puppies are due Monday, otherwise Wednesday or Friday. She thinks this dog is going to have 3-4 puppies.

She also has another female that is due the week after. Barb (the breeder) said this is the first pregnancy for the dog and she is still small. So she is thinking she is only having 1-2 puppies. But she still has 2 1/2 weeks left so she might get bigger yet.

Anyway the puppys will be ready to go home mid-July. She is going to let me know when the puppies are born and if there is a female she will be selling as pet quality.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom@Apr 14 2005, 10:25 AM
I called my #1 choice breeder last night.  When I talked to her the first week of March I thought she had said she had a litter due the end of March.  Either she got it wrong or I did.  Anyway the litter is due sometime next week.  She said if it took the first breeding the puppies are due Monday, otherwise Wednesday or Friday.  She thinks this dog is going to have 3-4 puppies. 

She also has another female that is due the week after.  Barb (the breeder) said this is the first pregnancy for the dog and she is still small.  So she is thinking she is only having 1-2 puppies.  But she still has 2 1/2 weeks left so she might get bigger yet.

Anyway the puppys will be ready to go home mid-July.  She is going to let me know when the puppies are born and if there is a female she will be selling as pet quality.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=52531
[/QUOTE]

Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
WOOHOO!!!!
I bet it's killing you to wait! LOL

·
Registered
608 Posts
If she doesn't have a pet quality puppy. I know Tammy had a lil one still available when I picked Tunder up.

I am excited for you. I can't wait to see all the cute puppy pictures. Its like when someone elses baby visit's you get to ooo and awwww but hand em back at the end of the day.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I haven't visited this breeder yet. I've been waiting until there were puppies. I'm thinking of visiting sometime in the 2nd half of May. It is a little over 4 hour drive so it would an entire day event. I've talked to her twice now on the phone and we have also emailed each other a few times. I'm hoping I won't be disappointed when I go to visit. I talked to a couple of other breeders about her and they all had good things to say about her, so I don't think I will be disappointed.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Are you going to have a puppy shower? A friend of mine did that it was a cute idea. Of course it was more of a chance for us girls to get together and catch up but we all had a blast buying cute lil outfits for the puppy who was a girl.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
How fun!!! I went through a pretty long wait for Pixie since I was making sure to get her from a reputable show breeder. The wait was totally worth it to get a quality dog from a breeder who knows what they are doing. Good luck!
I can't wait to see puppy pictures!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts