Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I took Oliver to the vet today for his hiney problem b/c he was borderline psychotic. He got a shot of depo medrol 20mg(I think that's the name)..anti inflammatory ...he said his hiney was prob sore from having his glands expressed(and they were FULL on Monday)...and that the tissue in and around is prob very sensitive. So..he said we should see major improvement by tomorrow afternoon..and that if he isn't a great deal better by Monday, they'll put him on antibiotics and perhaps a tranquilizer(
) if he is still acting beside himself. At the moment, he is resting peacefully. I hope he can get some rest.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Hope Oliver feels better soon poor guy
Summers Grammie

How often do you do his glands? I've never done summer's Vet checked and said every thing ok

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the groomer(who works out of my vet's office) does his glands at every grooming

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well, the shot worked, temporarily. The vet had hoped that by the time the shot wore off that he'd feel better. NOT> He's still quite irritated.
I feel so bad for him.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Originally posted by Triste@Apr 8 2005, 10:19 PM
Well, I took Oliver to the vet today for his hiney problem b/c he was borderline psychotic. He got a shot of depo medrol 20mg(I think that's the name)..anti inflammatory ...he said his hiney was prob sore from having his glands expressed(and they were FULL on Monday)...and that the tissue in and around is prob very sensitive. So..he said we should see major improvement by tomorrow afternoon..and that if he isn't a great deal better by Monday, they'll put him on antibiotics and perhaps a tranquilizer(
) if he is still acting beside himself. At the moment, he is resting peacefully. I hope he can get some rest. 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=50764
[/QUOTE]

I hope he feels better soon. Poor baby its so stressfull when they don't feel well.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Triste@Apr 9 2005, 02:28 PM
well, the shot worked, temporarily. The vet had hoped that by the time the shot wore off that he'd feel better. NOT> He's still quite irritated. 
  I feel so bad for him.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=50870
[/QUOTE]

Poor baby! Kisses to him! Has to be uncomfortable...like the "roids" or something to us!
Hope he is back to himself soon!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
awww Poor baby. I hope his hiney heals!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts