Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our girl greeted me with crazy kisses this morning at the emergency vet. She's doing so much better - was back to her old self, running around and checking things out.

She's at our regular vet for the day, for another day of fluids. Ozzy is also at the vet. All three of the dogs have the bacterial infection, and Ozzy needs to be under special observation due to his diabetes. Shrek is home with us since he is the least affected and not showing any serious signs. He'll undergo the antibiotic treatment as well, though.

But, it looks like all 3 wil be home with us tonight in much better shape. Sylphide has made an almost miraculous recovery. Thank You for your thoughts, your prayers, your well wishes.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Wonderful news! Thanks for the update! These little guys can go down so quickly when they get dehydrated from vomiting or diarrhea. It's amazing what IV fluids can do, huh?

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
What a relief!!!!!

Any idea where that stuff comes from?

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I just saw your posts today. I'm so glad it wasn't parvo. I hope they are all on their way to perfect health.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
What a relief!!!!!

Any idea where that stuff comes from?
[/B]
If it is giardia, it comes from water, food or soil that is affected. My first Maltese, Rosebud, had it and I have no idea how she could have gotten it. We did go on walks a lot and she was always sniffing stuff. At that time (early 90s) there was not a good test for giardia. Now, from what I understand, it can be easily diagnosed. She was in the hospital for a couple days, as she could not keep food down. Luckily, giardia responds nicely to medicine.....

Here is a link with info: CDC - Giardia

BTW, humans can get it, also.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Cleared of having parvo, wonderful!! It's a relief to know it's all ok. Hate that stress!!

Glad to hear all is ok.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
I just read, your post .Oh my what a scare that must have been for you... ... I know I would have been out of my mind.
I'm glad it not parvo. I'm so happy to here all your puppies will be ok.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Wonderful news!! I'm so sorry all 3 of your babies came down with this, but so glad to know they will all be home soon! Big hugs to all of you

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Wow I just found this and had to go back and find the other. What a scare!!! Im sorry I wasnt on earlier to offer our support and best wishes but I am so glad to hear that Sylphide is on the mend. Did I miss something or how is Shrek doing? Did he end up with anything worse than what he started with or is he doing ok? hugs to all

1 - 20 of 38 Posts