Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My niece was very surprised when she opened her gift on Christmas Eve!
It was a bittersweet day b/c as excited as I was about her getting the gift, her mom sat in the other room with tears in her eyes. When Santa came in and handed out gifts, there was someone missing and all of us know it will never be the same. I lost my mom 5 yrs ago (in the month of November as well) and I remember how hard it was and really still is to be without someone during the holidays. I am only 32, my mom was 55 at the time of her death...much too early. It's a good reminder of how much we take for granted. I know having my sick kitty during a snow storm and unable to get her help, gave me a great appreciation for those I have met through the internet. I received the shoes for my niece through an internet friend and also received advice on how/what to do for my sick kitty through another internet friend. I'll never take any of you for granted...and I pray that some day I can help someone out there as well. Ask, and you shall receive.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Triste@Dec 27 2004, 09:38 PM
My niece was very surprised when she opened her gift on Christmas Eve! 
  It was a bittersweet day b/c as excited as I was about her getting the gift, her mom sat in the other room with tears in her eyes. When Santa came in and handed out gifts, there was someone missing and all of us know it will never be the same. I lost my mom 5 yrs ago (in the month of November as well) and I remember how hard it was and really still is to be without someone during the holidays. I am only 32, my mom was 55 at the time of her death...much too early.  It's a good reminder of how much we take for granted. I know having my sick kitty during a snow storm and unable to get her help, gave me a great appreciation for those I have met through the internet.  I received the shoes for my niece through an internet friend and also received advice on how/what to do for my sick kitty through another internet friend. I'll never take any of you for granted...and I pray that some day I can help someone out there as well. Ask, and you shall receive. 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=25653
[/QUOTE]

Love and prayers go out from me to you. My husband lost both his parents several years back. Both of heart attacks. His mom has been gone almost 10 years and his dad almost 8. I know the holidays are hard on him also...even though he seems to hold up fairly well. They were both 58 at their deaths-he is now 34. He says it gets easier every year..but I know it still must feel like a huge emptiness in his heart, especially around the holidays. Hugs to you!

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
glad she was excited to get her shoes!
dont worry u will return the favor one day!

·
Registered
707 Posts
It's very hard during the holidays when you loose someone. I lost a good friend of mine in November as well (she was only 25yrs. old) and I can't imagine what her family was like during x-mas. I kept thinking about them and it made me sad.

Lots of prayers for you and your family...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts