Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
this is a tough question for Snowy when he wants them BOTH...

I really find it so interesting to observe animal interactions, the way they behave towards one another.

When I get the chance and time (and of course, the opportunity to see two or more animals), I watch them quietly and pay attention to their interaction. I sometimes just wish that I can understand their thoughts (from dogs, horses, guinea pigs, kitties, hamsters, monkeys, birds....you name it, I will enjoy watching them interact.). When I was a young child, I used to observe little ants in the garden :blush: i used to observe many pick tiny pieces of food(I think), walk, walk, walk (lots of walking steps and time they take just to reach their nearby home (a little hole in the ground). Once, will never forget this, while I was observing one ant, I saw it used to have difficulties in carrying the piece of food(again I think it was little bread or some sort of food they find and pick to take to their house) because the piece was a bit big for it to carry. It still didn't stop, its pulled and pulled, walked very slowly and dragged and dragged the piece..while doing so, another ant showed up and for my :w00t: I saw it grabbing the piece with the first ant and pulling it together, heading to one of the wholes. I remember that I ran back in, told everyone about what I saw in excitement lol I swear, not everyone got as excited as I used from observing other creatures:HistericalSmiley:

I still enjoy observing, but don't get enough time or opportunities to observe (so I do it much much much less than when I used to as a little child).

Snowy and Crystal amaze me when I see them interact.

OMG!! Crystal is the trickiest when it comes to getting what she wants because she does it in a very sneaky way. Crystal loves stuffed, soft toys. Snowy is crazy in love about them (in fact, he is crazy about all toys). Snowy will play anytime you give him a toy (toys get kept in their toy box. It is their mommy who tells them when it is play time). Crystal, on the other hand, will have her mood to play and not to play. What turns her mood up to play is seeing Snowy plays AND the only toy that she wanna play with is the specific toy that Snowy is playing with at that time (her eyes will only be on that toy that Snowy is playing with-even if you threw a similar toy for her to fetch. She wont move from wanting that toy which is with Snowy). If I take that toy from Snowy and give it to Crystal, she will play with it UNTIL I hand Snowy another toy to play with. Her interest will go to the toy that is with Snowy again.
So what does she do if her mommy didn't get involved in helping her get the toy that is under Snowy's paws? she will approach him, shower his face (nose and mouth) with KISSES, WANTING 4 HIM 2 KISS BACK! Once he does (kisses back), at that second, she will snatch the toy and run away with it, leaving the boy confused, realizing that he was tricked by Crystal.

It took Snowy sometime to learn her trick. In some occasions, he will refuse to kiss back, stays persistent instead. His toy is what he wants until the tricky girl leaves him alone. However, in other occasions, he falls for her trick all over again! He cracks me up. Crystal is no innocent and Snowy knows it LOL

I took a video of them doing that 2-3 weeks ago (I think - just before they went for their summer hair cuts ) when I had my Flip Camera in my hand and was able to capture it in action at that second.
In the video, Snowy will stay persistent. You will see him give the "no I don't want your kisses. I know that you will grab my toy if I kiss back" response.
Six years old maltese, Snowy, isn't falling for three years old maltese, Crystal, and her tricky kisses. He is known to be the TOY CHAMPION ....unless he kisses back. I hope to capture that (kisses back) in a video too because he cracks me up after realizing that he was tricked: lost the girl AND his toy

Hope they will make you smile :) Enjoy...

hugs
Kat

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Loved the video of you adorable fluffs. Reminds me of my two little ones playing. If nothing good on TV just watch the dogs, probably more
enjoyment anyway.

·
Premium Member
24,175 Posts
:HistericalSmiley: Kat I think Matilda has abit of Snowy and Crystal in her:HistericalSmiley: she loves toys:chili: especially balls, just like Snowy:wub: but she is just like Crystal about being sneaky:unsure:, B&B doesn't have a chance when Matilda's around:w00t:

I LOVE SNOWY:wub:AND SNEAKY GIRL CRYSTAL:wub: wish I could meet them.

I'll pm you tonight

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
How cute!!!!!!!!!!! It's Naddie that is the 'bully' with Quincy... she'll go grab whatever toy he gets even if she COULD have gotten it first! most times though he gives her a run for her money LOL

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
:wub: I love Snowy & Crystal so much! When I give Toto and Tuffy a new chewie, Tuffy will try to get Toto's away from him and keep them both. Toto "da' boy" on the other hand has his own little routine when I give them each a chewie. He waits until Tuffy has worked on hers for a while to the point where it is softer and then he purposely tries to aggravate her by licking her eyes relentlessly. When he does, she gives out this throaty little growl until I intercede and tell him to cut it out. I swear they are like little kids and always want what the other one has. Though in Tuffy's case, she believes whats hers is hers and what's his is hers too. :HistericalSmiley:

·
Premium Member
4,130 Posts
oh, i love the story of watching the little ants carrying bread!!!:Sooo cute:

Kat, that is the sweetest video, love it!!:wub::wub:

Crystal sure did try, but Snowy kept his toy...........this time!!!:HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley:

·
Registered
183 Posts
LOL. I just love watching Crystal and Snowy. They're so funny and adorable. :D Thanks for sharing it, Kat. :D

·
Premium Member
5,785 Posts
Kat, great story! It's a wonder you didn't become a vet or animal behaviorist.

That Snowy sure does love his toys and the video put a big smile on my face.

Annie doesn't care for toys much, but Sophie loves her toys. What always makes me wonder is how Sophie has her favorites. Even with the toys that are duplicates there is always one of those two that she wants and never the other.

I spend hours on the floor with her and her pile of toys. I'm at one end of the house and she's at the other end (a long open hall of sorts) and I pick up one at a time and ask her "this one"? When she decides it's the one she wants she wags her tail and then I throw it to her and she proceeds to try to kill it. Then, and this is what kills me, she runs around the other side of the house and drops it on the other side of the room and proceeds back to her position. She expects me to go fetch it and throw it back to her - which I grumbly do!

And, everytime I go upstairs she brings a different toy and drops it on the landing until she has a huge pile of toys upstairs then we bring them back down. She's a little quirky.

Thanks for sharing the story and the video, Kat. Love you and the kids!

Linda

·
Premium Member
4,225 Posts
I love watching animals interact too. I remember watching ants work together too. It is fascinating. Love your video.

Experience Magic
HOME

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
Oh my goodness. That is sooo cute. The way little Crystal enthusiastically kisses little Snowy. No wonder he sometimes gives in. :wub: :wub:

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
That little hussy, Crystal. She's quite the kisser. :HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley: Very cute video. Love how Snowy stood his ground. Makes me wish I had two fluffs to play with each other. :wub::wub:

·
Registered
257 Posts
awww... this is the cutest thing ever! i wish i had two fluffs so i could watch their antics. crystal is such an agressive kisser, its so cute, shes trying so hard. i just love how snowy is trying to back away without giving up his toy....

·
Premium Member
11,148 Posts
Those 2 are so cute. They sure play good together. Love how Crystal is doing the kissie kissie to try to trick Snowy out of his toy. With all the cute things those 2 do,I don't know how you ever manage to put that camera away. Love em both Kat, what a couple of little sweethearts you have.:wub:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts