Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't post here often but I know there are a lot of Maltese rescuers at heart here. There is a 5# female Maltese that needs to be rescued from the Fort Worth Animal Control. They have given her a 24 hour reprieve and if she is not pulled, they will put her down. The AMA rescue will take her in but we just need help with rescuing her and helping to transport her half way to Norman, OK. I can't go get her because I don't have anyone to watch my mom or I would. Please, please, please, I implore you all, can someone help pull this baby? Her back end is shaved because she had a wound with maggots in it. :eek: This just breaks my heart. Thank you to anyone that can help.

Denise Hunter

Attachments

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
oh the poor baby , that breaks my heart. i hope there is someone around that can help.

·
Registered
10,743 Posts
Look at that little sweetie... I hope someone can rescue her. IF there's anyone who will take her in Ohio ,Michigan or Indiana,I could help w/ transport.

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
We have a foster home for her in Norman, Okla. , If anyone is close to Fort Worth and can pull her and get her to a vet that will board her for a day or two and take care of her medical needs that would be so helpful.
She is not getting her medical needs taken care of other then the maggots removed. :w00t: If anyone knows anyone in that are that is willing to just pull her and get her to Denise's vet?? or a vet that will board. Thanks, Edie

·
Premium Member
24,028 Posts
OMG - look at that sweet face of hers. I really wish I didn't live across the country. That poor baby doesn't deserve to die. I'm praying so hard that someone in Texas can at least get her out and follow Edie's suggestion. :prayer:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you all! We have someone that lives not too far from FW that will pull her in the morning and get her vetted and to OK, that is if she doesn't decide to foster her herself. :) This baby gets another chance. Thanks again y'all.

·
Premium Member
24,028 Posts
Thank you all! We have someone that lives not too far from FW that will pull her in the morning and get her vetted and to OK, that is if she doesn't decide to foster her herself. :) This baby gets another chance. Thanks again y'all.
No Denise, thank YOU so much for doing this and bringing it to our attention. And please thank the person you found...a true angel. I just keep thinking that Tyler is about that weight and trying to picture him in a predicament like that and with maggots just makes me bawl. :crying:

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Wonderful news...I'm so glad she's going to get out of there! Could you please update us when she's in her new foster home?

·
Premium Member
4,130 Posts

YAY!!! :aktion033: oh, i'm so glad you found someone!! *deep breath*
sooo glad she's getting picked up in the morning!!
what is this sweet baby's name?
Denise, can you please keep us updated?
thank you!!

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
That is one of the most grievous sights I have ever seen. It confirms why I love fluffs SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooo much more than humans.

Thank G-d that she is going to be able to find a family that will care for her and love her, as she should be.

G-d that breaks my heart to see her in that condition.

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
Thanks for finding help for her Denise. I know you have your hands full at home and still find the time to help our rescue's. Your the best.

·
Membership Suspended
2,839 Posts
If the p/u arrangement falls through I know Brit (Cosy) is in that area - you could PM her to see if she would be a stand-by just in case.

Poor baby, looks like she's the sweetest thing - makes me :smcry:, and I want a fluff again so bad.

·
Premium Member
4,130 Posts
update:
just saw on Denise's fb that her friend is on her way to pick up this little darling!!:wub: YAY!!

1 - 20 of 73 Posts