Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just want to share some info about picture backdrops for anyone who is interested. When I was thinking about Sassy's Halloween pictures I wanted seasonal colors for backdrops. I already had the dark green fabric, but I did not have orange and I did not want to spend a lot of money on fabric I would never use for anything else. So I purchased a box of Rite dye (Orange) and I took an old yellow gingham plaid sheet that I had used to cover outside plants and I dyed the sheet. I only used one box of die and the sheet came out kind of a dark shebert orange color. But it was orange enough to work for my pictures and the checks barely show at all. From now on I will be dying old sheets for projects that do not need new fabrics. I hope this info is useful to someone.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
I have used Rit dye for lots of projects...

Hmmm...lets see....here are two that come to mind..

When I was pregant with both my kids, I bought a bunch of the cloth diaper/burpie rags. For my son, I rit dyed them blue and for my daughter pink and purple. This made them a little more fun and a lot cheaper than the embroidered ones. The church nursery and babysitter also always knew which ones were mine.

I have used black Rit dye to re-color faded black or navy cotton pants. The navy wasn't all I was hoping, but the black worked well. Much cheaper than a new pair of pants when nothing was really wrong with them. I think the navy would have been better if I had let them sit longer.

·
Registered
17,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by tlunn@Oct 23 2005, 01:31 PM
I have used Rit dye for lots of projects...

Hmmm...lets see....here are two that come to mind..

When I was pregant with both my kids, I bought a bunch of the cloth diaper/burpie rags. For my son, I rit dyed them blue and for my daughter pink and purple. This made them a little more fun and a lot cheaper than the embroidered ones. The church nursery and babysitter also always knew which ones were mine.

I have used black Rit dye to re-color faded black or navy cotton pants. The navy wasn't all I was hoping, but the black worked well. Much cheaper than a new pair of pants when nothing was really wrong with them. I think the navy would have been better if I had let them sit longer.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=112577
[/QUOTE]

Yes I think the key is leaving it in the dye bath longer. I let this sit for at least 1/2 hr.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts