Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Here is a quick tutorial on signatures. As of this post, I switched on the ability for users to upload a signature directly from your own computer as an attachment but you have to keep in mind the following:

1. This counts towards your allotted uploading maximum space. If you're already over the current limit, you won't be able to use this method.

2. There is a "limit" on dimension sizes for uploading an image directly from your computer depending on your membership level.

Registered Users (Free Accounts) - 300px (width) by 200px (height)
Premium Members - 500px by 300px
Lifetime Members - 600px by 300px

Again, the above caveats only apply to those using the upload directly from your computer method.

·
Administrator
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Option 1: Uploading directly from your computer

There are a few ways to get to the area to edit your signature. For me, this is the fastest way.

1. Select "QUICK LINKS" from the main navigation menu.

2. A drop down box should appear with a number of links to select from.

3. Choose "Edit Signature."

4. You should now be in the edit signature module. Scroll down until you see the "Upload Signature Picture" area.

5. You should see "Option 2 - Upload Image From Your Computer" and a button "browse."

6. Click on "browse" and then select the image you want to use from your computer from the window that pops up.

7. Once you have selected your image, click on the button "upload".

8. You should see a text field "your current signature picture" and the image you selected. Beside it, you should see an underlined link "Insert Signature Picture. Click on this link.

9. After this, you can click on the "preview signature" button (if you do, scroll up just a bit after you've clicked on it to preview your signature) or click on "save signature".

10. Sit back and revel as others "oooooo" and "ahhhh" about your signature.

·
Administrator
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Option 2: Inserting an image via a web link

There are a few ways to get to the area to edit your signature. For me, this is the fastest way.

4. You should now be in the edit signature module. Scroll down until you see the "Upload Signature Picture" area.

5. You should see "Option 1 - Enter the URL to the Image on Another Website" and a white field to paste in the link. Paste the link in this field.

6. After this, you can click on the "preview signature" button (if you do, scroll up just a bit after you've clicked on it to preview your signature) or click on "save signature".

7. Sit back and revel as others "oooooo" and "ahhhh" about your signature.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Option 1: Uploading directly from your computer

5. You should see "Option 2 - Upload Image From Your Computer" and a button "browse."

6. Click on "browse" and then select the image you want to use from your computer from the window that pops up.

7. Once you have selected your image, click on the button "upload".

8. You should see a text field "your current signature picture" and the image you selected. Beside it, you should see an underlined link "Insert Signature Picture. Click on this link.

9. After this, you can click on the "preview signature" button (if you do, scroll up just a bit after you've clicked on it to preview your signature) or click on "save signature".

10. Sit back and revel as others "oooooo" and "ahhhh" about your signature.
Thank you for all your help with the changes... I tried uploading a pic, but it came out HUGE HUGE HUGE. I couldn't figure out how to adjust the size???

·
Premium Member
20,009 Posts
This is something I need to look into more. (but I'm at work and don't have much time right now). It looks like I must keep my current siggy pic because I am way over my picture limit. I started trying to delete useless attachments last night...like pics for birthdays and welcome, etc. I worked on page 70 through 97. ....didn't make a dent :unsure:

I remember reading in some thread NOT to delete our pictures yet...so I'm holding off.

I'm sure all these tutorials will all be easily found again when I need them, right?

:HistericalSmiley:If you answer me now, I may not remember where I am right now to come back and look!! :blush:

·
Premium Member
10,319 Posts
This is something I need to look into more. (but I'm at work and don't have much time right now). It looks like I must keep my current siggy pic because I am way over my picture limit. I started trying to delete useless attachments last night...like pics for birthdays and welcome, etc. I worked on page 70 through 97. ....didn't make a dent :unsure:

I remember reading in some thread NOT to delete our pictures yet...so I'm holding off.

I'm sure all these tutorials will all be easily found again when I need them, right?

:HistericalSmiley:If you answer me now, I may not remember where I am right now to come back and look!! :blush:
Oh Pat......You are sooooo FUNNY!!!!:smrofl:

·
Premium Member
3,385 Posts

Ah, Pat, just press the button on your car's remote. I'm sure this thread will open right on up for you. :HistericalSmiley:

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
I want to post multiple tickers but I can't figure out how to do it. I get one uploaded, but when I try to add a second, the first one is over written. Can anyone help?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts