Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this Dell Laptop almost a year ago.

I absolutely love my laptop, except for one feature that just drives me up the wall.

Every so often or so, the shift key will stick. I've been putting up with this all year, gosh I have patience, but it's really getting old. Especially when it highlights a whole page of stuff that I've typed (IE: letter, etc) AND MESSES IT UP< JUST LIKE IT HAS DONE RIGHT NOW!!!!! When it does that, all I have to do is barely tap it and it gets unstuck.

Anyone know how to resolve this issue????

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Geez Scott that would drive me up the wall too.....

I have a HP laptop and I love it, but I do use a plug in keyboard with it here at home as I mostly sit at my computer desk. Perhaps you could try doing that to avoid the aggrevation

The only other suggestion I have is to take the laptop to Dell and have them look at it for you

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Scott, have you blown some air through the keyboard? Maybe there is a crumb or something in there that is causing it to get stuck ??

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Add an external mouse to it. I hate touchpads on my laptop and uses a wireless optical mouse. makes life just a little easier.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I really know ZIP
about computers but my son has a degree in computer technology.
Here is what he says...

"There's probably just some sticky residue under the key that causes it to stick. Depending on the design, he can probably pop off the key with a flat-head screwdriver, clean out the area with rubbing alcohol, and push the key back down into place."

Good Luck,
carole and bella

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom@Nov 13 2005, 10:18 PM
Scott, have you blown some air through the keyboard? Maybe there is a crumb or something in there that is causing it to get stuck ??
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=119377
[/QUOTE]

yeah I KNOW (darn shift key) THAT (SK) it is not dirty..... there is a feature on it called sticky keys. Just drives me crazy

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Scott...is there anything in your owners manual on how to disengage the feature?

~carole and bella~

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
so r u askin how to disable sticky keys? then go to control panel then "accessibility options" then select keyboard tab and disable sticky keys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts