Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Puddles will be 1 Sunday and I know he must to be due a shot.

My vet said they would mail me a notice when hes due for a check up or shots, but nothing yet. If I find out he needs something (shots, wormer), I will walts my self right in there and tell them. Sure wish an new Vet would come to town !

Does any one have a shot schedule? I did a search, but didn't locate one.

Thanks

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
He should have had his last DHPP at about 16 weeks of age (4 months of age) so would not be due for an annual exam and DHPP until 16 months of age (1 yr, 4 months). He probably had his rabies after that so would not need that for a bit either.

The 3 year vaccine schedule calls for boosters 1 yr after the puppy series and then a booster every 3 years. Next year even though he won't need a vaccine he will need an annual exam.

If he goes to the groomer, he probably also receives an intranasal bordetella vaccine which is given annually. He probably isn't due for that yet either.

You can call your vet and ask for a printout of his vaccine history to keep on hand. That will tell you when he is due for what.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
we always did it a year from the rabies...so it can vary from vet to vet. just call and see how they do it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts