Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think this might just be why God created snow. :wub::wub: We got 15" on Friday and now another 6" today. This was at Stratton Mountain.

Tiny pix of me with my DH (black outfit) and my son (red). DH took them with his blackberry and I had to download from FB. Of course we could have been aliens from outer space from all you can see of our faces. :w00t:

This is the base lodge, hotel and mountain village.

These are the gondolas that take about 10 people at a time up the mountain.

The high speed lift they call both The America Express and The Six Pack:) I prefer this 6-Pack to The Situation's.:HistericalSmiley:

This is the deck outside the Sunbowl Lodge on the back side of the mountain.They bar-b-que outdoors.

And at the end of a cold day, a delicious hot chocolate. YUMMMM :yes:

And where was Tyler? Under all that snow?

Nope. He was sitting home in the warm house while we were out skiing in 16 degree, windy weather. Smart dog :thumbsup: DH & DS are skiing again today but my quads are still aching. :w00t: Hope you enjoyed the snow, vicariously. I :heart: Vermont.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Thanks for sharing!! :D It was supposed to snow here for the first time in 30 years, the newspapers were going crazy about snow at sea level in the bay area and we were getting so excited but it didn't happen. it was very sunny yesterday :huh: no sign of snow or even rain haha :w00t:
I will just experience the snow through your pictures hehe :)

·
Premium Member
24,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Love the pics!! Keep them coming!!
Thanks Donna. Funny but SM has actually made me stop and smell the roses more and take pix to remember the good times:)
Thanks for sharing!! :D It was supposed to snow here for the first time in 30 years, the newspapers were going crazy about snow at sea level in the bay area and we were getting so excited but it didn't happen. it was very sunny yesterday :huh: no sign of snow or even rain haha :w00t:
I will just experience the snow through your pictures hehe :)
Sarah -- I'll mail you some snow in an envelope. Can't guarantee it will get there though. :HistericalSmiley: I was dying to send a picture of what my front yard (if you could find it) looks like but my battery died. Insane amount -- piles from ploying are about 12 feet high. You can walk up a snowbank onto our deck that's a floor up. :w00t:

·
Premium Member
Sandi-- w/Kitzel (Kitzi) & Lisel (Lisi)
17,980 Posts
. . . and I :wub: that dog! OK Vermont is nice too!
Snow? ummm, ok. . . if it stays in Vermont!:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
6,469 Posts
Sue - beautiful pictures!!!!! We got 14 inches at home but only 9 at the mountain but snow is snow and it was wonderful to receive it!!!! We stillnee to plan a winter ski date!

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
Wow, great photos of Vermont, Sue! I really can understand why you love it so much!

We're going to leave into ski vacation in two weeks to Italy, can't wait!

Hope you had a wonderful time there and enjoyed skiing!

Thanks so much for sharing with us! What a fantastic place!

Alexandra :wub:

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
Beautiful ski area!!! Glad to hear that Mr. Tyler was at home. If he was out in the snow, you would have never found him. LOL

·
Premium Member
24,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
. . . and I :wub: that dog! OK Vermont is nice too!
Snow? ummm, ok. . . if it stays in Vermont!:thumbsup:
That's why I like snow -- Vermont snow is the best:) :thumbsup:
I can see why you love Vermont - looks like a totally awesome time and that hot chocolate looks yummy!Tyler is one smart (and gorgeous) little dude - love that head shot of him ♥
Edith - Vermont really is gorgeous. Everytime we think about selling the house we think about what a wonderful getaway it is for 3 seasons and just give in. That hot choc was extra yummy after the day on the slopes. Tyler says thanks for the compliment too.
Sue,
I am so jealous. Wow that is beautiful. Reminds me of Colorado ski trips. B)Thanks for posting!
Thanks Kandis. The mountain is really a lot bigger and higher than it looks in these pix but not as high as the Rockies. But we can get here every weekend; we only get to the Rockies once a year if lucky.
Sue - beautiful pictures!!!!! We got 14 inches at home but only 9 at the mountain but snow is snow and it was wonderful to receive it!!!! We stillnee to plan a winter ski date!
Thanks Erin. I really would love us to ski together. Any chance of your making it to VT? If not this season then a definite date for next year.
Great pics Sue! My niece & friends were also skiing there too. Great ski season. Thanks for sharing.
What a coincidence. Did they enjoy?
Sue, those pictures are great. It looks beautiful but also COLD!
Jane - thanks. It is cold but we're dressed for it as you could see in those little pix. Barely a drop of skin out. I'm always itching to get it all off when we get back home and take a hot shower or jacuzzi. :thumbsup:
Great shots! Looks like a lot of fun! Rugby went skiing with us last month, but we don't have mountains like that in MD! :p
So how did Rugby do in all the snow? Were you downhill or cross country?
Wow, great photos of Vermont, Sue! I really can understand why you love it so much!

We're going to leave into ski vacation in two weeks to Italy, can't wait!

Hope you had a wonderful time there and enjoyed skiing!

Thanks so much for sharing with us! What a fantastic place!

Alexandra :wub:
Alexandra - have a great ski vacation in Italy. One of these days I'd love to do the Alps. I know there are places you can go up the lift from one village then ski down to another for lunch and another for apres ski. :chili::chili:
wow! That looks like so much fun! :D
Orla - it really is. I didn't start skiing until I was 24 but love it so much. Makes the winter go so much faster.
Beautiful ski area!!! Glad to hear that Mr. Tyler was at home. If he was out in the snow, you would have never found him. LOL
Thanks Lynn. Yup when I was home sunday I was going to take him out but it was way too deep all around the house. I just heard that it rained in VT today and will freeze up so the beautiful powder will change to boilerplate.:w00t: We're staying home next weekend:)

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
I want to come! I'll stay at the house and dogsit though while you snow bunnies hit the slope! hehehe

Great pics Sue! Wow....so many people. I'm really missing out LOL. Maybe I should learn to ski. Thanks for sharing your beautiful weekend in VT w/all of us. :aktion033:

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
that looks beautiful , it makes me wanna try skiing one day but im such a wimp when it comes to the cold .. it does look like fun though and really really pretty , love tylers shot !! beautiful , and i agree the hot choc looks delish!

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
That's why I like snow -- Vermont snow is the best:) :thumbsup:

Edith - Vermont really is gorgeous. Everytime we think about selling the house we think about what a wonderful getaway it is for 3 seasons and just give in. That hot choc was extra yummy after the day on the slopes. Tyler says thanks for the compliment too.

Thanks Kandis. The mountain is really a lot bigger and higher than it looks in these pix but not as high as the Rockies. But we can get here every weekend; we only get to the Rockies once a year if lucky.

Thanks Erin. I really would love us to ski together. Any chance of your making it to VT? If not this season then a definite date for next year.

What a coincidence. Did they enjoy?

Jane - thanks. It is cold but we're dressed for it as you could see in those little pix. Barely a drop of skin out. I'm always itching to get it all off when we get back home and take a hot shower or jacuzzi. :thumbsup:

So how did Rugby do in all the snow? Were you downhill or cross country?

Alexandra - have a great ski vacation in Italy. One of these days I'd love to do the Alps. I know there are places you can go up the lift from one village then ski down to another for lunch and another for apres ski. :chili::chili:

Orla - it really is. I didn't start skiing until I was 24 but love it so much. Makes the winter go so much faster.

Thanks Lynn. Yup when I was home sunday I was going to take him out but it was way too deep all around the house. I just heard that it rained in VT today and will freeze up so the beautiful powder will change to boilerplate.:w00t: We're staying home next weekend:)
Oh yes, that's absolutely right, Susan!
There's a big ski area in Italy called 'Sella Rhonda' with more than 1.000 ski kilometres.
You can start in the early morning and ski from one village to the next. That's so much fun and very interesting!
If you have the chance to try one day, please let me know! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Great pics! I went snowboarding at Tahoe this past weekend, and I'm still sore. But then again, I'm probably in the worst shape one could possibly be in, LOL. By the way, Tyler is looking quite handsome. :wub: Awesome pigment!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts