Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found my hamster dead in his little cage. Pepe was 2 & 1/2 years old. He's been sick for a while but was heading back to livelihood. His hair was growing back and he was eating and drinking well. I wish I could say he died in his sleep but I dont think he did. He was outstretched on a path between his wheel and his sleep den. I was terrified to have a hamster in my house when we first got him and now I am just so sad. :-*( I've changed my pic from my Malt Oliver to my hamster Pepe for a while to honor him..I hope noone is offended.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
I too am sorry for your loss.

I had hamsters when I was in college. I loved them. I cried when I had to give them away.
Sending hugs your way.

·
Registered
939 Posts
So sorry for your loss... it is hard to loose any pet, no matter what kind it is we send you lots of hugs!

You are quite lucky to have had Pepe with you for 2 1/2 years. Hamsters age quickly and have an average life span of only 2 years. I am sure he had a very happy hamster life getting love from such a nice family!

Judi

·
Registered
260 Posts
Why would we be offended? We are all animal lovers on this site.
He looks like such a cutie.
So sorry for your loss.
Sending hugs to you

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
AAAWW Triste. I'm so sorry. I hope you feel better soon, too. Pepe is in hamster heaven
Pepe's ok. Don't worry.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts