Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sammie weighs 5.3 lb. He finally hit the 5 lb mark. :aktion033:
I bought
Confortis since he had a dead flea after a bath a while back and he is in florida.It says 5-10 lb on box,:unsure:should I give him whole or half a pill?
ALLERGY'S-:smilie_tischkante:---EARS ITCHY AND HEAD SHAKING: He sold me a spray for inside his ears and rem'd some more hair (
GentaSpray,Topical spray)few times a day for 4 days and said to bath him every few days if needed for itching. he said he is prob allergic to outside---grass and prob not his food since he has been off grains for while--but to keep him off grain anyway could help----and it is not usually the food anyway at his age. He did not offer any allergy meds yet.
Oh I made Sammie his test
(BAT) appt on 12/23 at 8am. I am sure Sam :angry: will love me for that.

It is such a nice feeling to have this forum to talk about my puppy. You would have been proud of me the way I was able to explain why I wanted a BAT done on a dog with no symptoms. He agreed straight away. Knowledge is power! Thanks, Kandis.
I added a couple new pics of S
ammie the acrobat balancing on a skinny pillow and a Christmas pic last nite.(I look preggie in the pic, guess I am leaning to the side).

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Spookie gets 1/2 Comfortis every month with no problems. Great stuff, we have fleas year round here.

·
Premium Member
8,521 Posts
for the comfortis give the whole pill and if the vet thinks the itching is due to allergies to the outdoors whenever he went out i would wipe his body and paws down with a damp cloth when coming back in. is he eating anything with poultry, i have one that is allergic to anything containing poultry.

·
Premium Member
5,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
for the comfortis give the whole pill and if the vet thinks the itching is due to allergies to the outdoors whenever he went out i would wipe his body and paws down with a damp cloth when coming back in. is he eating anything with poultry, i have one that is allergic to anything containing poultry.

He was on vension and sweet potato. Too large to chew and he had runny poops and so I put him back on small bites non grain duck sweet pot. I have seen no improvement from any food changes. He could be allergic to chicken, but Vet said he is young to have food allergy w/out other symptoms. Not impossible, so we are going to put him on a food from the Vet after his BAT to see. Then he said we will know what/if to buy. He is bad after a walk in grass. I mean shaking head a lot. Vet said its outside. May pass, I spray the yard too for fleas, but wait to take him on it for 2 days. I am going to discontinue all but the flea spray and see if that helps. Vet's idea.

·
Premium Member
5,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

i wash his paws/face off after each walk. man i hope it passes. vet said it's hardest thing that comes through his door. he has had them all day today!!!!!!!:unsure:

·
Premium Member
5,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

your babies are so cute!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Kandis = so glad you stood up for what you wanted at the vet. Knowledge is power. Love the shot of you and Sammie and that one on the roly poly pillow is too adorable. :wub::wub: The allergies are such a pain. Is there anywhere to walk him that there's isn't grass - a sidewalk to try for a while and see if it helps? Tyler's mainly on sidewalk here in the city.

·
Membership Suspended
2,839 Posts
He was on vension and sweet potato. Too large to chew and he had runny poops and so I put him back on small bites non grain duck sweet pot. I have seen no improvement from any food changes. He could be allergic to chicken, but Vet said he is young to have food allergy w/out other symptoms. Not impossible, so we are going to put him on a food from the Vet after his BAT to see. Then he said we will know what/if to buy. He is bad after a walk in grass. I mean shaking head a lot. Vet said its outside. May pass, I spray the d too for fleas, but wait to take him on it for 2 days. I am going to discontinue all but the flea spray and see if that helps. Vet's idea.
Duck IS POULTRY. A food change will not show noticeable impovement for weeks if Sammie has a food allergy. Petcurian - NOW! has a small breed size - same formula as the regular, just a different size. It's beef, lamb, chicken, and grain free.

·
Premium Member
5,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Duck IS POULTRY. A food change will not show noticeable impovement for weeks if Sammie has a food allergy. Petcurian - NOW! has a small breed size - same formula as the regular, just a different size. It's beef, lamb, chicken, and grain free.

Thanks. Yea I know it's poultry, but I had to put him back (only non grain i can find now) bec he was having trouble with the venison, so Vet said just wait till next week after using spray in his ears and they we will switch to non everything food.

·
Premium Member
5,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Kandis = so glad you stood up for what you wanted at the vet. Knowledge is power. Love the shot of you and Sammie and that one on the roly poly pillow is too adorable. :wub::wub: The allergies are such a pain. Is there anywhere to walk him that there's isn't grass - a sidewalk to try for a while and see if it helps? Tyler's mainly on sidewalk here in the city.
Sue,
I have GRASS, GRASS, AND MORE GRASS and he loves to walk on it or roll in it! :w00t:

·
Premium Member
5,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Update on sammie ears

HAPPY TO REPORT SAMMIE HAS HAD NORMAL LIGHT PINK EARS FOR 2 DAYS AND NO HEAD SHAKES EITHER. I have not even had to reapply it yet. Vet said as needed and it ain't needed yet...:chili::chili:

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
My malt was scratching the back of her ears like crazy recently and shaking her head way too often........she had an ear infection and was on antibiotics for 7 days.
I feed NOW small breed and my picky malt loves it.
IMO I would give the whole pill not half. She's in the 5-10 pound range so that is safe to give.

·
Premium Member
5,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My malt was scratching the back of her ears like crazy recently and shaking her head way too often........she had an ear infection and was on antibiotics for 7 days.
I feed NOW small breed and my picky malt loves it.
IMO I would give the whole pill not half. She's in the 5-10 pound range so that is safe to give.
Sam has no infection. Just allergy. Don't u hate it when they shake the little heads. He stopped now. We will see?? What is NOW food?:unsure:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts