Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Puddles was due his Dhppv booster so off to the vet hubby and I went tonight.

While I was there, I asked if someone could look at Puddles ear. The last 2 nights I have noticed him pawing it a few times. Hubby gave me a glance and I smiled. So we were worked in for an appt. When the Vet walked in, she said " so he's pawed his ear a few times, maybe he has fleas". I took a breath with a "no fleas here, but I know something is wrong". Why don't they think we know something about our babies. She checked his ear to find that he has a small amount of yeast ( no smell). She plucked the hair from his ears and gave us Tresaderm solution, 2 x day. Is there any thing else I need to know about ear yeast?

( I laughed while we were waiting in the room. There stood hubby and I at each side of the table with Puddles laying tummy flat, watching the door. He's our baby for sure !)

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
well u dont know how many times an owner says no fleas and we find them...so dont be offended if they dont believe you. did they see inflammation? yeast is normal in the ears but proliferates in a moist environment. when you bathe you can try to be extra careful not to get water in the ears, and maybe use an ear wash after baths. this can help it from reoccuring.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts