Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick one here to say, everyone make sure your anti-virus programs are updated. We have had two attempted virus infections through our email in two days. If you receive any unusual and suspicious email DO NOT OPEN THEM and if you happen to do so make sure you do not open any attachments.
We have very good protection and no virus can get to our in box as they are blocked at our server, then they let us know they are there so we can go there and delete them.
Please be aware that there are some nasty ones going around at the moment. :eek:

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Yes, for the first time my Norton's gave me a warning of a virus in an attachment and it was deleted. It was in the SPAM that acted like it was from the FBI and said I had visited "illegal sites". I saw the contents when I forwarded it to my ISP's spamblock security and it was probably supposed to be serious but I thought it was hysterically funny!

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Yes, for the first time my Norton's gave me a warning of a virus in an attachment and it was deleted. It was in the SPAM that acted like it was from the FBI and said I had visited "illegal sites". I saw the contents when I forwarded it to my ISP's spamblock security and it was probably supposed to be serious but I thought it was hysterically funny![/B]
I got that one too, before they posted it on the internet that it was not real.

I deleted as soon as I saw it. What is wrong with these people trying to mess up people's computers.. You sped so much money on your computer and all it takes is some dork to send out a virus and mess it up. What pleasure do they get out of that. gee.

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They sent us the first one which was the FBI one to both our computers then today I found that I had another one sent. What they do is if they don't get you the first time they change their addy till they think they will get through. We pay $1 a month to our server so that any email that isn't in our accept list doesn't actually come through to our in box, they are blocked and we can go there and log in and check to see what is there, if we want to accept them we have the choice. We both received a message from them yesterday telling us that they had actually blocked the virus and that we could go there and look at it safely without it actually getting to our computer. I am very cautious and just went there and deleted them.
These people who do this are obviously
and the world is full of them.
Another thing that happened to me this morning is I opened that site for cheap car booster seat in that thread and my computer froze so I had to shut down and I was then advised to download an update because there is spyware in a lot of these sites. I was having this problem with other sites too where my Internet Explorer would just hang and I couldn't do a thing till I CTRL - ALT- DEL out of them and reboot.
I have so much security on my computer but still they get through

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
We too received 2 infected e-mails in the last few days. Earthlink server blocked them. They only send me a notice that they have deleted an infected e-mail. Most of the time now I check my e-mails on webmail and download only the ones I want.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I to got the one from the FBI...I was so nervous cause i knew there was new virus going around my antivirus had just alerted me of one that was entitled Paris and Nicole...the FBI one threw me though and I almost opened it...

See my husband has been in close contact with the state recruiter and has been tring to get on with the FBI for a while. (keep your fingers crossed for him) anyway so we get an FBI email several times a week....

So I made him call the guy and ask him about it and the FBI guy said he didn't send anything so I deleted it and then about an hour later i got three more and one from the CIA so i knew it was virus .

I was so glad I didn't open it but it did almost trick me but only because FBI emails are normal here. BUT the FBI emails we have been getting all say @ci.fbi.gov and these just said @fbi.gov so that tipped me off.

ok so i'm rambling nnow

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well between hubby and I we have now had 6 infected email attempts blocked by our server. They too send us a message to let us know they have blocked it and they tell us we can go there and read them if we want to without infecting our own PCs but I just go there and delete them, I am not taking any chances. The thing is if they don't get through the first time they change the heading and address to try to trick you, but thankfully they can't trick our server

1 - 10 of 10 Posts