Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
when i got on the spoiled maltese website I got a pop up saying spoiled maltese had detected all kinds of viruses and spyware on my computer. Does any of this sound familiar to anyone? Any advice?
Amy
Mommy to Matty

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by imamyloo@Dec 6 2004, 06:37 PM
Hey everyone,
when i got on the spoiled maltese website I got a pop up saying spoiled maltese had detected all kinds of viruses and spyware on my computer.  Does any of this sound familiar to anyone?  Any advice?
Amy
Mommy to Matty

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=20620
[/QUOTE]

Do you have spyware detection software and a virus protection program? It sounds like some sort of scam to me.... there are some free spyware programs that can probably get rid of most .... I use three and they always find spyware.....

Ad-Aware and Spybot are free. I also have Spy Sweeper, which was $29.95. It may be overkill... but I use all three!!

Did the pop up want you to click on something? If so, it may then download spyware to your computer (or maybe a virus).

You may want to run your virus program just for peace of mind.....

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
sounds like spyware already on your puter, SM doesnt have any pop-ups at all

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Sounds like a scam to me too.. .hope you just clicked out of it...I hate those things...

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom+Dec 6 2004, 05:51 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-imamyloo
@Dec 6 2004, 06:37 PM
Hey everyone,
when i got on the spoiled maltese website I got a pop up saying spoiled maltese had detected all kinds of viruses and spyware on my computer.  Does any of this sound familiar to anyone?  Any advice?
Amy
Mommy to Matty

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=20620
Do you have spyware detection software and a virus protection program? It sounds like some sort of scam to me.... there are some free spyware programs that can probably get rid of most .... I use three and they always find spyware.....

Ad-Aware and Spybot are free. I also have Spy Sweeper, which was $29.95. It may be overkill... but I use all three!!

Did the pop up want you to click on something? If so, it may then download spyware to your computer (or maybe a virus).

You may want to run your virus program just for peace of mind.....
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=20622
[/B][/QUOTE]

Originally posted by Joe@Dec 6 2004, 06:05 PM
sounds like spyware already on your puter, SM doesnt have any pop-ups at all
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=20623
[/QUOTE]

I agree with Joe & KC's Mom. You have spyware on your computer and need to run your virus program and maybe get a spy ware detector. The new 2005 Norton has spy ware detector with it. If you don't have a virus program you can download a really good one (better than Norton and McAffee) at Grisoft AVG Anit-Virus Free Edition. We use the corporate edition of this program at work.

It is also very important that you update your virus definitions at least once every 1-2 weeks. I have my computer scheduled to check for new definitions every morning. You also need to schedule your computer to run a test at least once every week or so. Again I have my computer schdeuled to run the check after it downloads the new definitions.

As for getting a spy ware detector, I don't have any experience with them. I would suggest only downloading a program from a legitament looking website or going to BestBuy/Staples and buying a program from them.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
I downloaded a free spyware...let me see if I can get it...It is called Ad-Aware SE Personal...I got the info from the HP tech I talked to on the phone...if I can get hold of the website I got it from-I will post it. I works great!!! And FREE!!!!!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
that is the one I use at work...the adaware...but there is another that is more for spyware or something I use at home too...I thought it was on both, but evidently not. I will post that tonight.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts