Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 10 year old daughter, Malayah, really wants to make a difference doing something. She really wants to volunteer with our veterinarian, but there are age limitations with that type of work (I should know...I begged our vet when I was a kid to let me work and they couldn't until I was 16).

I am trying to look up our local humane society right now, but do any of you ladies know of an animal organization that a 10 year old could volunteer for? Of course, I will be with her while she is doing the job....

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
There are usually a few younger kids who make crafts and bake cookies and such to sell at the adoption events of one of our local rescues. Its typically too much of a liability for anyone to let a child of that age interact with the animals without lots of supervision, so thinking a bit indirectly might be a good way to go at this age. We also enlist quiet children who follow directions well to be "props" to work with dogs who are unfamiliar with or afraid of children. Not too exciting for the kid to sit quietly and not look at the dog, but very helpful.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts