Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The snow is finally letting up a bit, it's now 11 degrees and wind is crazy like 45mph. Here are pix of our Christmas tree as three weeks progressed.

Finding the tree, cutting it and putting it on the deck.

Last weekend

Today

Out the front door. Jim at work.

Our window with our stained glass skier

It's going to be a long winter.:w00t:

·
Registered
86 Posts
WOW!!! I love the tree on the deck. And I especially love it when it's covered in snow and you can see the lights through the snow. Awesome.

·
Premium Member
17,448 Posts
Thanks Sue for posting these---we didn't put up a real tree this year so it makes it all the more enjoyable to look at yours. I love the smell of a real tree---have never had an artificial one--always w/real candles too. I love viewing the snow long distance!
How is Tyler w/all that snow?

·
Registered
11,074 Posts
I must really be tired because honestly...being snowed in with a hot scotch sounds pretty wonderful right now. And you by all means have the view to truly enjoy being snowed in! Enjoy!!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Yikes!!! :w00t: That's a whole lotta snow!!! Stay warm!! I absolutely love the pic of your family!! That one should be framed!! And Mr. Tyler, well, he sure looks snug as a bug in a rug in your new siggy pic! So cute!!

·
Premium Member
6,469 Posts
Sue - the view out my window is very similar! Its so windy and cold! I hope that you take a little break from skiing and stay inside in this bitter chilly weather!

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
love love ur pics , as i said snow in pics look great ..
Thanks Liza. This stuff was really pretty yesterday to ski in. The brightest sun and the bluest ski. Heavenly:)
WOW!!! I love the tree on the deck. And I especially love it when it's covered in snow and you can see the lights through the snow. Awesome.
Thanks toni. I loved that look too. So cool to see the lights diffused under the snow. Kind of impressionistic.:thumbsup:
Thanks Sue for posting these---we didn't put up a real tree this year so it makes it all the more enjoyable to look at yours. I love the smell of a real tree---have never had an artificial one--always w/real candles too. I love viewing the snow long distance!
How is Tyler w/all that snow?
Thanks Sandi. We've never had an artificial tree either but candles...no. I would be petrified of a fire and have heard of them recently from that. Tyler was fine with all the snow...snuggled on our laps with the roaring fire.
beautiful photos, Sue :) thanks for sharing.
That picture of your DH at work tells me that the blizzard is quite the task
hugs
Kat
Thanks Kat. Quite a different view than you have.B) Jim got out there really early to try to clear a path but before we knew it the wind and snow covered it.:blink:
love the pic story of the tree!!:wub: stay warm up there!!
Thanks so much Florence:)
Picture #5 :blink::blink: that's a lotta snow... :p

I love the first pic - what a beautiful family :wub::wub::wub:
Eileen - thanks so much. That's my son and DH. It's our annual tradition to hunt down the perfect Christmas tree. :smpullhair: Although this year I have to say it was easier this year than years past.:thumbsup:
I must really be tired because honestly...being snowed in with a hot scotch sounds pretty wonderful right now. And you by all means have the view to truly enjoy being snowed in! Enjoy!!
If it wasn't for the snowing, shoveling and gale force winds it would have been fine Crystal.:) Just happy we didn't have to drive anywhere. We had gotten in tons of food.
Yikes!!! :w00t: That's a whole lotta snow!!! Stay warm!! I absolutely love the pic of your family!! That one should be framed!! And Mr. Tyler, well, he sure looks snug as a bug in a rug in your new siggy pic! So cute!!
Thanks Lori. I usually send out that type of picture (tree hunting) as our Xmas card photo but this year I didn't even get to send out cards. :w00t::brownbag:
Sue - the view out my window is very similar! Its so windy and cold! I hope that you take a little break from skiing and stay inside in this bitter chilly weather!
I figured this is a lot like the weather you're seeing Erin. We didn't venture out until the next day. How was the mountain? I can't believe the lift accident at Sunday River. So frightening. :w00t::smcry:

·
Premium Member
5,642 Posts
What a beautiful holiday. Holly Cow Sue, I have never seen, never the less been in that much snow. How do you do anything but Ski I guess. Which I love.
That's what I get for being a :Sunny Smile:Florida girl. I'm sending you guys some B) heat vibes:tumbleweed:.

·
Registered
7,034 Posts
Beautiful pictures. I love to look at snow from a distance, but if you don't mind, I'll come visit you in Vermont in the summer. I really should have taken up skiing when I was younger. Maybe then I would appreciate actually being in the snow. Have a warm safe winter up there.

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
The pics are lovely! Glad it's not here. My a/c just kicked on. (sorry) :LOL:

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What a beautiful holiday. Holly Cow Sue, I have never seen, never the less been in that much snow. How do you do anything but Ski I guess. Which I love.
That's what I get for being a :Sunny Smile:Florida girl. I'm sending you guys some B) heat vibes:tumbleweed:.
Kandis - I love skiing. Both downhill (but it's so insanely crowded at times) and really love Cross Country. You're alone on tracked trails with nature's beauty and little chickadees chirping. One of my favorite things to do:) I have to see if I can take some pix next time I X-C ski. By about late Feb I'm ready for sunny FL:)
Beautiful pictures. I love to look at snow from a distance, but if you don't mind, I'll come visit you in Vermont in the summer. I really should have taken up skiing when I was younger. Maybe then I would appreciate actually being in the snow. Have a warm safe winter up there.
Oh, Reva - now I find out that you're a fair weather friend - literally. :HistericalSmiley: I didn't learn to ski until I was in my 20's so I'm really glad we had my DS on skis by the time he was 3. He LOVES it. It's such a nice way to keep a family together - everyone on the slopes having fun. I do like the cold just because it means it's ski weather:) Stay warm with your lovable fluffs.:thumbsup:
The pics are lovely! Glad it's not here. My a/c just kicked on. (sorry) :LOL:
My heat just kicked in Brit. :HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley: And I'm glad for that and our jacuzzi bathtub (indoors).
Ohhhh, how I hate snow. LOL
Lisa - you learn to love it when it helps along something you love to do.:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts