Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was SO excited! These are Brink's all time favorite treat...and they are nothing except chicken and spices or something..seem healthy in comparison to many out there. I found a BIG 28 ounce bag at Sam's for $8.00 and some change...I was SO excited I almost danced in the aisle. I get them at Walmart, but in smaller bags. I am SURE this is a much better deal. There are LOTS in there. I break them up into smaller pieces, so this bag should last a long time! Just thought I would share a good find!

·
Registered
894 Posts
WOW,
Happy Dance!! These are Sisse's favorites too!! I am sending DH over there right now to check and see if ours has them. Thanks Tlunn for the great tip!!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Sisses Momma@May 25 2005, 12:41 PM
WOW,

Happy Dance!!  These are Sisse's favorites too!!  I am sending DH over there right now to check and see if ours has them.  Thanks Tlunn for the great tip!!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=65122
[/QUOTE]

No problem! Brink has been excited too! Everytime he goes poo he walks in there and looks up at the bag!

·
Registered
608 Posts
Ok what is a DH? At first I thought it was Izzy's mom's husbands intials as she was the first person I saw use it. But there is no way all of your husband's intials are DH so I have to ask what the heck does it stand for.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by dhodina@May 25 2005, 01:07 PM
Ok what is a DH?  At first I thought it was Izzy's mom's husbands intials as she was the first person I saw use it.  But there is no way all of your husband's intials are DH so I have to ask what the heck does it stand for.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=65138
[/QUOTE]

dh=dear husband
or some say it stands for "dam* husband!"
Guess it depends on the day!

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by tlunn+May 25 2005, 01:19 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-dhodina
@May 25 2005, 01:07 PM
Ok what is a DH?  At first I thought it was Izzy's mom's husbands intials as she was the first person I saw use it.  But there is no way all of your husband's intials are DH so I have to ask what the heck does it stand for.

dh=dear husband

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=65146
[/B][/QUOTE]

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom+May 25 2005, 02:19 PM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 25 2005, 01:19 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-dhodina
Ok what is a DH?   At first I thought it was Izzy's mom's husbands intials as she was the first person I saw use it.  But there is no way all of your husband's intials are DH so I have to ask what the heck does it stand for.

dh=dear husband

[/QUOTE]

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=65147
[/B][/QUOTE]

·
Registered
608 Posts
Originally posted by nataliecmu+May 25 2005, 01:22 PM-->
Originally posted by Lexi's [email protected] 25 2005, 02:19 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-dhodina
Ok what is a DH?   At first I thought it was Izzy's mom's husbands intials as she was the first person I saw use it.  But there is no way all of your husband's intials are DH so I have to ask what the heck does it stand for.

dh=dear husband

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=65151
[/B][/QUOTE]

Ok is this another one of those everyone but me knew the answer? Oh well at least I can laugh at myself.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by dhodina+May 25 2005, 01:36 PM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 25 2005, 01:22 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-dhodina

dh=dear husband

[/QUOTE]

Ok is this another one of those everyone but me knew the answer? Oh well at least I can laugh at myself.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=65159
[/B][/QUOTE]

They've been using that for awhile. When I first saw it it took me awhile to figure out what it means.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Originally posted by tlunn+May 25 2005, 01:19 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-dhodina

dh=dear husband

[/B][/QUOTE]
oh my god.... I love that and will pass it on..

·
Registered
894 Posts
tlunn, had to tell you that we did find these at our Sam's here in Tucson. They were a bit over $9.00 here, a real bargain. I swear Sis knows what is in that jerky treat bag. When she saw the huge one we brought home I could of sworn her eyes bugged out!!
She keeps going over to the treat door and sitting there!! Thanks again for the tip...

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by Sisses Momma@May 29 2005, 08:20 PM
tlunn, had to tell you that we did find these at our Sam's here in Tucson.  They were a bit over $9.00 here, a real bargain.  I swear Sis knows what is in that jerky treat bag.  When she saw the huge one we brought home I could of sworn her eyes bugged out!!

She keeps going over to the treat door and sitting there!!  Thanks again for the tip...

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=66672
[/QUOTE]

They are SO funny!

I priced them at Walmart the other night to see what kind of bargain I got. At our Walmart they were almost $3 for a 2.5 ounce bag. (I think that is what it was...
) Anyway, with everything rounded up for tax, it would have been only like nine ounces for what I paid for 28 ounces at SAMS! I was SO excited!
Brinkley loves them too, but I have noticed that I think if he gets more than one whole strip a day that they give him looser stools. At least I think that is what is doing it. We have been much more free with giving them to him because they were at such a bargain price, and he REALLY likes them!

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Originally posted by dhodina+May 25 2005, 01:36 PM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 25 2005, 01:22 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-dhodina

dh=dear husband

[/QUOTE]

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=65159
[/B][/QUOTE]
Nope your not the only one,I could never figure it out either
I just never got the nerve to ask! So Thanks
you found out for both of us!

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
:eek: :eek:
I have to say back in Australia we have another use for those initials but I will refrane from putting it in text here

Scooby is a jerky lover too and he will do wonders for it. Another of his favorite treats is the freeze dried liver.
I think you do need to be careful with turkey there is something in it that can cause an allergic reaction in our little furkids.

·
Registered
894 Posts
The jerky treats we are talking about Janet, are Chicken not Turkey. Your correct, and I think it had something to do with the Tryptophan that naturally occurs in Turkey that causes the problem. I have a food dehydrator and I am going to try and make some myself and see how they work out (the darn thing is just collecting dust anyway). Has anyone dried their own chicken before into jerky?? I lost my book on how to operate the darn thing and can't remember how long you put it in there (duh, until it's dry, I know) but the temperature etc....I'll look it up on the web I guess...
We can't do the dried liver
we get runny from that stuff

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Originally posted by scrappy@Jun 3 2005, 08:42 PM

:eek:  :eek: 

I have to say back in Australia we have another use for those initials but I will refrane from putting it in text here

And what would that be Janet 

Scooby is a jerky lover too and he will do wonders for it. Another of his favorite treats is the freeze dried liver.
I think you do need to be careful with turkey there is something in it that can cause an allergic reaction in our little furkids.

Janet is chicken and beef jerky available here?  DH  :D  when looking up the dangers of nuts found an article on beef jerky saying it was a good treat for dogs
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=68731
[/QUOTE]

Yes I think you can get it but don't ask me where though. All it is though is dehydrated meat like thin sliced. There are some that have rather spicey flavors and I don't think they would be good for the furkids but the plain ones are ok.
Jerky is a big thing over here Bren.

My reference to the turkey was an answer to one of the earlier posts where I think someone asked if the turkey could be making her puppy chew his toes.

The dried liver has never upset Scooby's tummy, thank goodness because he loves them.

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts

Oh by the way Bren I think you know exactly what DH is referring to over there without me having to elaborate

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by scrappy+Jun 4 2005, 11:29 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Scoobydoo
@Jun 4 2005, 11:26 AM

Oh by the way Bren I think you know exactly what DH is referring to over there without me having to elaborate

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=68739

Who me
Its not in my vocab
:D

Is Jerky dog food or human food? Just so I have some idea where to start looking

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=69142
[/B][/QUOTE]

These jerky treats (Waggin Trail) are in the pet section. They only have chicken and seasonings. I would think that most the human jerkies have too much (stuff) in them. But I don't know for sure.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts