Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just need to vent because I'm just so sick of hurricanes. Wilma will be making landfall tomorrow morning and we are in the worse side of the storm with high risk of tornados. I'm a bit scared but I'm mainly frustrated. We'll be out of electricity for a while and it just really sucks. I hope everyone in the path stays safe and boards up their homes. We've had so many warnings and nothing happens that people are just not listening (I did and we're all boarded up).

I'll be out of touch for a while...

·
Registered
776 Posts
I'm here in Miami too, so I feel the pain of approaching Wilma too... Jack has issues going #2 inside, so it's always a chore during a hurricane since I can't take him out -- he doesn't understand ... hovers by the door looking uncomfortable for hours before he finally uses the pad... poor baby.
I hope we dont' lose power!!!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Good luck to all....

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
I sure hope all who are down there in the path of Wilma stay safe, I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by cindysilver@Oct 23 2005, 05:00 PM
I'm here in Miami too, so I feel the pain of approaching Wilma too... Jack has issues going #2 inside, so it's always a chore during a hurricane since I can't take him out -- he doesn't understand ... hovers by the door looking uncomfortable for hours before he finally uses the pad... poor baby.
I hope we dont' lose power!!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=112656
[/QUOTE]

Be safe...the news is saying that it might be as bad or worse than a cat 4 even though is a cat 2 because of the tornado activity. There are tons of them in this storm.

Bella is acting crazy. She's super hyper and barking at everything...she must be nervous.

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Whatever you do, make sensible decisions and stay safe. Have lots of supplies and fill your cars up with gas. Hurricane season can not end soon enough for any of us. And I'm not convinced that more storms won't keep coming anyway. I'll be watching to hear that you are all safe. My thoughts are with you.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Wilma is tearing through Florida, literally! During the eye my daughter (Boca Raton in West Palm Beach County -- right where the storm passed)called to report their lanai screen was in the pool along with a 12 foot potted palm tree. A basketball backboard and hoop are in their front yard and they only have neigbors on their back and side so where'd it come from? A piece of debris has scratched a big gouge on the car left outside.

The back neighbors trees are just.....gone. Others stripped to the bark.

Now they are in the West Wall with 105 mph gusts! My poor daughter is freaked out and trying to keep cool for the kids' sake. Her husband is a calm type so that helps but she said the noise and thumps and bumps and creaks and shrieks are just shredding her nerves. Imagine those poor folks in Cancun who listened to 140 mph winds for 36 hours. Unimaginable.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I was wondering about the folks in Florida. I have in-laws that live in Boca Raton but we haven`t been able to talk to them since 6 am this morning. Apparently they`ve lost power since 7 am ET and they can`t see anything because of the shutters but it seems pretty bad.
Cancun is totally devastated, also some parts of Yucatán. Even the big hotels are shredded. Wilma was pretty hard on them and now is pounding Florida.
I am praying for all floridians, please let us know when you can that you are safe and how was everything.

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
I am also watching and hoping for the best for all in Wilma's path. I wish more people had evacuated the Keys...

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I just spoke with my in-laws. They have no power, no phone and they can`t go outside. Trees are down and much destruction. They are ok, though.
Any news from the other folks in Florida?

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Puppylucy IMed me during the hurricane. She lives SE of Orlando and still had power and phones this morning. I think it was around 10:30 or so.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts