Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When do your babys get out of bed? Caesar will stay in bed however long I am in there, whether I wake up at 5:00am, or 9:00am. I just thought about it this morning, and found it kind of cute and funny because usually we are up by 6:30 at least every morning during the week (4:00 for me on Monday mornings because I have and hour and half drive to the hospital I am doing clinicals at now) and he is up wide awake with us. Hubby and I slept in today so he slept in too. He did go down stairs to potty and brought one of his toys up to chew on, then got back in bed and when I woke up at about 9, he was sleeping right next to me. :D

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
out of curiousity !!!

how do your babies go potty from sleeping in your beds ??

do you leave your bedroom door open all the time???

i have roommates and i always leave my door closed when im sleeping or watching tv.
and when im working in my studio i leave a crack of my door open so that jongee can go in to go potty

jongee's weewee pad is in my room (i share bathroom so i have to leave her pads in my room too..i cant wait till i have my own bathroom or live bymyself coz im gonna leave jongee's pads somewhere else)

anywayz,
just wondering if you guys all leave your bedroom doors open..

i know, this is a silly quesiton

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by mee@Nov 6 2004, 06:30 PM
out of curiousity !!!

how do your babies go potty from sleeping in your beds ??

do you leave your bedroom door open all the time???

i have roommates and i always leave my door closed when im sleeping or watching tv.
and when im working in my studio i leave a crack of my door open so that jongee can go in to go potty

jongee's weewee pad is in my room (i share bathroom so i have to leave her pads in my room too..i cant wait till i have my own bathroom or live bymyself coz im gonna leave jongee's pads somewhere else)

anywayz,
just wondering if you guys all leave your bedroom doors open..

i know, this is a silly quesiton 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=15208
[/QUOTE]

Yes we leave our door open. Its just me and my husband that live here and we also have 2 cats who come in and out of the bedroom as they please (we are talkin cats here definantely everything is on their time
).

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Noriko has no choice but to stay on the bed because it's too high for her to jump off. Cloud does jump off sometimes but most of the time when I wake up, he's next to me. We're SLOWLY letting them sleep with us again though. Noriko throws up on occasion so she really doesn't get to sleep with us much. It's just a gamble with her. Cloud can jump off the bed so we're scared to wake up with poops or puddles on the carpet! I guess he's a gamble too!

I HATE how they sleep on my side! I mean, it's cute and all, but it's getting old (LOL)! I hate how Cloud sleeps on my pillow and the only spot I have for my head is next to his butt and that ain't right!

·
Registered
939 Posts
Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko@Nov 6 2004, 08:26 PM
Noriko has no choice but to  stay on the bed because it's too high for her to jump off.  Cloud does jump off sometimes but most of the time when I wake up, he's next to me.  We're SLOWLY letting them sleep with us again though.  Noriko throws up on occasion so she really doesn't get to sleep with us much.  It's just a gamble with her.  Cloud can jump off the bed so we're scared to wake up with poops or puddles on the carpet!  I guess he's a gamble too! 

I HATE how they sleep on my side!  I mean, it's cute and all, but it's getting old (LOL)!  I hate how Cloud sleeps on my pillow and the only spot I have for my head is next to his butt and that ain't right!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=15213
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Originally posted by Denise&Chico@Nov 6 2004, 07:30 PM

Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko@Nov 6 2004, 08:26 PM
Noriko has no choice but to  stay on the bed because it's too high for her to jump off.  Cloud does jump off sometimes but most of the time when I wake up, he's next to me.  We're SLOWLY letting them sleep with us again though.  Noriko throws up on occasion so she really doesn't get to sleep with us much.  It's just a gamble with her.  Cloud can jump off the bed so we're scared to wake up with poops or puddles on the carpet!  I guess he's a gamble too! 

I HATE how they sleep on my side!  I mean, it's cute and all, but it's getting old (LOL)!  I hate how Cloud sleeps on my pillow and the only spot I have for my head is next to his butt and that ain't right!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=15213

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=15214
[/QUOTE]

Laughing at my expense, are ya? I hope yours farts on your face, ya stinky face!! HAHA jk.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Originally posted by DMZ dogs@Nov 7 2004, 05:08 AM
We sleep on a mat on the floor, so there is no jumping involved. 
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=15243
[/QUOTE]

i miss sleeping on the floor !!!!!

my back always hurts and sleeping on the floor with a mat was the best solution..

but right now i have a kingsize bed that i use with only me and jongee and i love it too !! hahahah

so huge to roll over and spread out !!!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Brinkley gets up whenever we do. (I should say, whenever "I" do!)
On workdays, that is 5:30-on weekends, when I like to sleep in another hour or so, he is not always so accommodating. Even though he has a step to get up and down off the bed, and a wee pad in the floor, he thinks he has to wake me up, so I can open the gate and he can go in the one in the kitchen

Sometimes it drives me crazy...but I usually need to get up anyway...this is also good snuggle/play time before hubby and the kids get up and distract. :D

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Kodie is the same way... he sleeps as long as I do........but during the week I wake up at 6:30... Kodie is still tired and 1/2 asleep that I let him continue to sleep while I shower real quick. Its cute!

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
jongee also HAS to wake up when i wake up..even if shes still sleepy i just say the

"il uh na ya ji" word and she forgets that she was tired and is all bouncy and excited

it just means "u should be getting up~" in korean..

hehe jongee is bilingual..she knows korean and enlgish..

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Since Lady is diabetic, she has to have her meals and insulin shots on the same schedule every day so there is no sleeping in.....sigh. We get up between 5:30 and 6:00 everyday. Lady knows this schedule and barks and carries on and makes me get up. I never even have to set an alarm clock anymore.

On weekends, though, especially in this cold weather, we often crawl back in bed and catch a little more sleep after she had been fed and walked. At least she is good about that!

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
It's not sweet! I'd like to kill her when she starts carrying on at 5:30 in the morning especially now that it's so cold and dark!

She absolutely knows her schedule. I set out an automated feeder for her in the morning when I leave for work so she can get a midday snack so her blood sugar won't drop too low. On the weekends she will even wake up from a nap to go to the exact spot where I put her snacker at 11:00 sharp. If there is no snack there, she will start barking and pawing at the floor, demanding her snack!

She thinks I am her staff!

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by LadysMom@Nov 9 2004, 08:22 AM
It's not sweet! I'd like to kill her when she starts carrying on at 5:30 in the morning especially now that it's so cold and dark!

She absolutely knows her schedule. I set out an automated feeder for her in the morning when I leave for work so she can get a midday snack so her blood sugar won't drop too low. On the weekends she will even wake up from a nap to go to the exact spot where I put her snacker at 11:00 sharp. If there is no snack there, she will start barking and pawing at the floor, demanding her snack!

She thinks I am her staff!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=15529
[/QUOTE]

lol, do u think she can feel her blood sugar change and knows when u give her what u give her she feels better?

·
Registered
416 Posts
The boom boom is my personal alarm clock.

He wakes me up every day at 6:45 to go out, we go back to bed, and he wakes me at 8:30 when my MIL gets up. He goes to play with her. Then at 9:45 he comes back up an jumps in bed an licks my face to wake me up. He's a good lil boy, but its a lil frusterating on the weekends.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by MomtwoMaltmuffins@Nov 10 2004, 11:10 PM
She thinks I am her staff

It is the darn cat LOL that wants us up too darn early. We cannot close the door, because she thinks by hoping up and hanging off the doorknow the door will open (long story when she was a kitten she figured out how to open our screen door that had a latch so now she thinks ALL doors have this type of latch!!!!) She will paw at anything she knows makes noise, and usually tries to knock something off our night tables. I caught her one time out of the corner of my eye, she was pawing at some papers on my nightable while looking at me - she is sitting with her body facing toward the nighttable, one paw pawing and her head turned sideways looking at me!!!!!! But we lover her dearly

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=15947
[/B][/QUOTE]

Haha
One of our cats found the little sping like door stop this morning in the bedroom. The kind that makes that fart sound if you flick it. She would bite it pull it up then let go of it and it made the noise. Cats are most definantely CURIOUS little things! :lol:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts