Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More than once per day.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Also, if you do take your dog for a walk, how far?

I try to take Koa for a least one walk per day, sometimes two. (Once before I go to school, once after dinner.) I do different walks daily, but I guess it ends up being about .25 - 1 mile depending on the day. He has a lot of energy!

PS When I say "Never" in the poll I don't mean it to be a bad thing... many Maltese's don't need to go on walks since they get enough energy out while playing inside.

·
Registered
776 Posts
I take Jack out for a brief walk at least 3 or 4 times a day (just down the street and back)... and then every day I try to take him on a "long walk" at least a mile. He loves his walks and its a very dog-full place around here so ti's fun for both of us.

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
We try to take Scooby somewhere different each week. He just loves going somewhere in the car then walk either at the park or along the canal here in town. Sometimes we just walk around the neighborhood too so he can visit with his little friends, it all depends on what we are doing on the day. If I have to go to the store hubby will take Scooby for a little walk around the area while I do the grocery shopping, both hubby and Scooby enjoy that because of all the attention they get from passers by

·
Premium Member
24,178 Posts
Matilda takes me on many short walks in a day. In the evening my husband and I take Muffy (our 10 year old cockapoo) and Matilda on a longer walk usually around a mile. But if Matilda doesn't feel like going on a walk we stay at home. She rules our family

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
We got for about a 20-30 mintue brisk walk every afternoon, on top of his 4 times a day 10-15 minute slow "do his business" walks.

We are supposed to get our first snow of the season in the next few days, so I don't know how much longer we can do this- I will up his indoor playing if we cut down on the walking.

·
Registered
17,045 Posts
I never walk Sassy. With her coat we can't do that.
But we do play inside of the house. And she runs her little race track daily. You all know the one.....the little figure 8 around the family room

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
My kids get a 40 minute walk daily during my lunch break. During the summer, they go in the morning and sometimes again in the evening. But now, it's already too cold in the morning before work for Her Royal Highness and it's already been dark for hours by the time I get home. (no daylight savings time here, and there are TALL mountains all around us) They get taken out to the park across the street every morning for a pee break. On weekends, they get to go at least twice a day for that 40 minute walk.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
When the weather is nice and my foot and my schedule allow it, I like to take Brink on walks. It is usually a mile or two. The problem lately has been other loose dogs that scare the bajeebies out of me. Makes the walk not so enjoyable or necessary. We play lots of chase, fetch, hide/seek, in the house.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by tlunn@Nov 5 2005, 09:19 AM
When the weather is nice and my foot and my schedule allow it, I like to take Brink on walks. It is usually a mile or two. The problem lately has been other loose dogs that scare the bajeebies out of me. Makes the walk not so enjoyable or necessary. We play lots of chase, fetch, hide/seek, in the house.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=116875
[/QUOTE]

Traci, I know what you mean about loose dogs. After all the stories I've heard lately, it scares me, too. I ordered the pepper spray stuff recommended by Ladysmom and I have it on my key ring that I take when I go out for walks with K K & C. I use one of those coiled wrist bands for my key ring for walks, so I can hold on to the pepper spray and have it ready, if needed. I must say that it gives me a great sense of security by having it.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Well we only have one "official" walk a week, but they play in the back yard about three times a week, and do their race track thing inside. They really prefer the stroller to walks though, because they can relax and not worry about hot pavement or neighborhood dogs and they get to sneak in to the post office and hope the mails for them

·
Registered
126 Posts
Originally posted by Sassy's mommy@Nov 5 2005, 01:50 AM
I never walk Sassy. With her coat we can't do that.
But we do play inside of the house. And she runs her little race track daily. You all know the one.....the little figure 8 around the family room

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=116836
[/QUOTE]

Sassy's Mommy,
Do you have to keep sassy's hair wraped? She is so beautiful and I would love for Lacie to have her hair looking like Sassy's at least once before we go to a puppy cut.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I try to get in at least one major walk a week. We usually will drive to a park and take a 60-90 minute walk around the track and then take some time for them to romp around in the grass. We also have a problem with dogs off leash here too... I really hate it when some huge dog comes running at us with his owner just laughing off in the distance.. yelling, "don't worry, he doesn't bite." Uh huh, whatever. We've had a few "oh he's usually so friendly" dogs growl and bare their teeth at us. Ugh, anyways, I could go on and on about that. The off leash dogs are usually what keeps us from walking. As soon as I see one I usually scoop the dogs up and we head right for the car. Luckily they run and chase and play enough inside to keep them in shape.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
the buttercup gets walked daily, rain or shine. er, except when The Boy doesn't "feel like it" because it's raining or it's snowing or, oh, i dunno, the sun came up?

we live in the downtown area, so she gets very little grassy time, but she prefers to hear her nails click click click on the sidewalk anyway.

we walk when i come home from work, on my lunch break, and before bed (sometimes, if it isnt too scary outside). most of those are only around the block, but some are shorter, depending on the amount of scary people outside. we take her to the park occasionally, and she isnt sure what to do off-leash, but she does enjoy a little bit of romping. until the inevitable large-out-of-control dog comes around. the large-but-in-complete-control dog owners are always SO embarassed by these people...

ann marie and the "walk? who said 'walk'? are we going? let's go NOW!" buttercup

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
We walk everyday unless it is raining. It is about 1/2 mile on our route and we don't see many cars because it is gated. When I touch my walking shoes, the girls go nuts. I need to record Chloe because she gets the cutest head cock when I say, "Wanna go for a WALK?" We always pass by a lab that is in an invisible fenced yard and they act sooooooo tough! Then we go by the pond and the geese try to chase them. It is pretty comical.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
We dont take Rosie out much at all, shes only been in our backyard and I dont think she will be going out in the bad weather.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I take my 3 kids for a daily walk, about 1 mile. I take the 2 girls and then come home and take Will. I tried walking all 3 at once but I didn't have enough control over them, so now I take 2 walks...good exercise for me too

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
my mom and i do short little walks with sprite. her luxating patella is acting up.

but cynthia still takes gruffi and ellie on their 2 mile walks in the morning.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts