Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folks,
I just got a 6 week old Maltese puppy tomorrow. I would like to train him so that he goes primarily outside but also uses wee wee pads, would love to hear from anyone who has trained their dog to do both.
Thanks!
-Sherri

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
Sherri... i have to be honest, I’ve have never taken any of my maltese home at such a young age, so I have no experience potty training one so young. The youngest they should leave the breeder is 12+weeks, 6 weeks is very, very young for a maltese to leave its momma. Can your breeder hold on for another 6 weeks? It would be so much better for your fluff.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sherri... i have to be honest, I’ve have never taken any of my maltese home at such a young age, so I have no experience potty training one so young. The youngest they should leave the breeder is 12+weeks, 6 weeks is very, very young for a maltese to leave its momma. Can your breeder hold on for another 6 weeks? It would be so much better for your fluff.
Oops I meant to say 16 week old not 6 week old

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Do you want to keep him going on pee pads and outdoors forever, or are you wanting to use the wee wee pads while he transitions to pottying outside?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts