Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

I've returned to this forum ( was planning on waiting until after March when our new furbaby would come home) but recently I've had a couple of good friends and acquaintances taken by this puppy broker.

Basically the story is, there's a woman running a puppy broker ring and using young girls to do her dirty work. Unfortunately, a couple of my friends bought their puppies through her (which thank goodness were healthy) but referred their "breeder" to other friends. these referrals who bought puppies all had their precious pets die within a week. The girl evaded them and told them it was their own fault. Come to find out that there are several people looking for her as they have all had the same thing happen.

The puppies are sold under the guise that they are selling them for their "grandmother" (ring leader). They purchase puppies from the Midwest and sometimes even lie to the breeders they purchase the puppies from. They sell puppies in the Sacramento and San Francisco Bay area. This particular girl has several alias and several phone numbers (even New York numbers) that all trace back to her.
Aliases: Kelly Takiyochi, Jessica Wang, Jessica Lane, Jessica Young, Karen Lee, Jennifer...
usually small dog breeds (yorkie, maltese, pekingese, shihtzu and mixed breeds)
she sells them under various aliases and ph#s
she is part of a ring. she admits that she works for this other lady, and there are 2 other girls who do what she does.

She also goes by kellyspuppies as her e-mail address.

Please Please Please be careful and warn any people you know who may be in the area. I had my heart broken once by a BYB that was the equivalent of a puppymill and would hate for this to happen to any more people.

Thank you for reading this long post but when I found out about this I had to come back to the forum and share.

Thanks a bunch!
she is definitely a student at UC Davis, has also stated she is a grad student at Cal
has a major in the sciences.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Thanks for the heads up! It is horrible how many people are being scammed by ruthless people only in it for the money since Maltese have become so popular. At this point there is no legislation that governs internet puppy sales and unsuspecting people are really being taken advantage of. We hear stories all the time on these forums of "bait and switches", sick puppies, and no puppies at all.

I hope your friends' puppies stay healthy, but they are probably at a pretty high risk for genetic illness that may not show up for years.

Your friends should file complaints with the local Better Business Bureau and Attorney General's Office.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the tip ladys mom! we tried calling the police but to no avail. i will advise my friends to do so. they have compiled quite a bit of her personal information as well so they can track her down when they contact the necessary authorities.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Thank you so much for the info. I've been thinking of getting another Malt this summer when I visit my daughter in Sacramento. There seemed to be so many more available there then herer in Colorado. I think I'll get one here instead.

Carla & Shotzi

·
Registered
699 Posts
thank you for posting this!

Unfortunately, we also bought a puppy from this person. She is chinese, about 5'3, 5'4. She sells puppies claiming that her grandmother breeds them, or that she is getting these puppies from someone named Taresa, another breeder that is a friend of her grandmothers. Our puppy died shortly after we purchased her and she confessed that the shot records that were provided to us were false!. She bought our puppy from a puppy mill in MO and resold her to us for double the price. After extensive research on her, we found that she has committed a lot of fraud. She will even claim she's going to Vet school to gain your trust. She goes by many aliases, her real name is Jessica Yang and is a student at either UCBerkely or UCDavis. She has sold many sick puppies to numerous people and just cancells her number when they try to contact her. She sells a wide range of puppies from Yorkies, malteses, min pins, cavalierkings, maltepoos, yorkiepoos etc. Basically, any puppy you want, she will say her grandmother breeds them and then order one from a puppy mill and sell it to you. It is very unethical what she is doing and I don't know how she lives with herself. PLEASE please do not be taken by this person. I have a picture of her if you are unsure if shes the person you are dealing with. She sells puppies out of the Sacramento area as well as the Bay area. She lives in Union city but will claim shes from Fremont or Milpitas. If she meets you at a house to see the puppies, it is a friends house and not hers.

Happy Holidays everyone and please watch out for scammers like Jessica Yang!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts