Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I am new to this forum and this is my first post. I have a 4 month old puppy that i got on the 1st. I just noticed this under his left paw under this thumb nail. It doesn't hurt him or bother him as I've never seen him lick it. We have a vet appt Thursday but does anybody know what it might be??

·
Premium Member
3,223 Posts
I'm not sure as the picture isn't very clear, but is it the tiny little pad that is under his dew claw? It looks to me like a normal part of his foot.

I have to say though, bravo :aktion033: to you for keeping a close eye on him and checking out his paw pads. I am very good at doing that now with my current pups as I trim their feet and nails myself quite often, but back when I always used a groomer for that stuff I was fortunate that one groomer alerted me to a growth that appeared between my Clancy's paw pads. It turned out to be a cancerous growth and we were lucky to be able to remove it in time before it got into her leg and/or bones.

:Welcome 2:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the compliment! I'm a worry wart so I'm always checking on him to make sure nothing is out of the ordinary! LOL but the surface of it looks like a wart and i checked the other side to see his thumb and its normal, so it's just on his left side.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts