Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jonas, my baby puppy, has been close to 100% trained to his pads. About 2 weeks ago he started peeing on the carpet, but only in the morning. And not first thing, he can hold it for hours, sometimes doesn't let go till 11 am. He does go poo first thing, but for some reason is holding back peeing, until I guess he can't wait anymore and the carpet gets flooded. The rest of the day he goes 100% on the pads, no problem, does it on his own. I started rewarding him every time he uses the pads, and make a big fuss, but we still have the morning problem. I've tried a few different things, so far he is still holding it. Any ideas?

·
Registered
894 Posts
Do you crate train?? Just wondering, when Sisse would not cooperate we put her back in her crate if she didn't pee on the pad. We would go back 15 minutes later and take her out, go back to the pad.....if she peed, she would be allowed out, if not, back in the crate. It did not take her long to understand that when we come OUT of the Casita, we go right to the pad and pee.....just a suggestion....

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
Sisse's Mom has the right idea here. If he doesn't pee, put him up and take him to the pads. If he has an accident, it means you gave him too much freedom without ensuring he was successful.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts