Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering, assuming you do NOT have a septic tank...how much is your wastewater/sewage charge per month? I assume you have this charge right? I am talking to Doc.cathy and she doesn't think she has this charge...someone tell me it's not a midwest thing? Jaimie is saying in Louisianna, they get charged too..so ..where you are...do you get charged?!

sorry for such an off weird topic! :lol:

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
We get charged for sewer too. But it's never the same amount, it depends on your water consumption. For 4,000 gallons the sewer charge is 13.40 $ and the water is 13.60 $. For 3,000 gallons it falls down to 5.55 for sewer and 6.95 for water.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
I just grabbed a random month and it was 33.08. I looked to compare some other bills...my sewer charge is usually somewhere around 10.00 more than my actual water usage charge.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I don't think this counts because we live in an apartment but we have a sewer charge (water is free). Ours changes every year. In 2002 it was $25 a month, in 2003 it was $23.50 and in 2004 it was $24.50. I can't find any stubs for 2005 (will have to dig them up later. I think it's strange that it was $25 and then jumped down to $23.50 the next year. Then again that was when we got new management and our rent jumped up from $670 to $697 to $711. Anyway we still pay $735.50 so I assume the sewer is still $24.50. We didn't get a rent increase this year.

·
Registered
894 Posts
I'm in Tucson, Arizona, we also have a City Sewer Charge that is based on your water consumption. This is a real rip off in the summer months when we do lots of watering outside, that water does not go into the sewer system. Our City also use to have free garbage pick up. They just imposed a $14 a month fee that goes on (get this) your WATER BILL. I called and told them I only use trash pick up once a month and I don't want them picking it up anymore, I'd go to the landfill myself. They refused to take it off my bill, they told me if I did not pay it (irregardless of how little I use it) they were going to shut my water off!! What a rip-off, so now I put the trash cans out on the curb every week. Sometimes they don't even have anything in them!! But they still have to stop and "empty them". We also have to recycle or the "trash police" come and fine you (I don't mind doing the recycling). Tucson sucks!!

·
Registered
4,515 Posts

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
In mississauga , ont were we are located we pay 14.00 a month.
At first i thought it was some kind of scam...as the builder did not tell us anything about it .

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I live in Concord Township, Ohio. My water/sewage bill is about $160.00 every 3 months. Garbage pickup is $35.00 per month. When my 2 children lived at home my water bill was way higher - don't use as much water now. We have plenty of water in this area...Lake Erie and loads of ground shelf water but we still have to pay lots.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Laceys mom@Mar 25 2005, 08:03 PM
I live in Concord Township, Ohio.  My water/sewage bill is about $160.00 every 3 months.  Garbage pickup is $35.00 per month.  When my 2 children lived at home my water bill was way higher - don't use as much water now.  We have plenty of water in this area...Lake Erie and loads of ground shelf water but we still have to pay lots.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=46339
[/QUOTE]

:eek: $35.00 to pick up garbage?!
That is awful! Ours is 11.00!

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Originally posted by tlunn+Mar 25 2005, 10:06 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Laceys mom
@Mar 25 2005, 08:03 PM
I live in Concord Township, Ohio.  My water/sewage bill is about $160.00 every 3 months.  Garbage pickup is $35.00 per month.  When my 2 children lived at home my water bill was way higher - don't use as much water now.  We have plenty of water in this area...Lake Erie and loads of ground shelf water but we still have to pay lots.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=46339

:eek: $35.00 to pick up garbage?!
That is awful! Ours is 11.00!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=46354
[/B][/QUOTE]

WOW, our garbage pickup is paid in taxes somewhere so no "monthly" charge

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
This is how our bill reads:

Water Availability 14.05
Water Usage 8.46
Sewer Maintenance 9.26
Sewage Treatment 7.69
Storm Drain Maintenance 8.96
Trash/Recycling 18.43
Street Sweeping 1.20

The water part is usually higher but we've gotten so much rain we haven't had to use as much.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by RubyJeansmom@Mar 26 2005, 01:11 AM
This is how our bill reads:

Water Availability              14.05
  Water Usage                      8.46
  Sewer Maintenance            9.26
  Sewage Treatment              7.69
  Storm Drain Maintenance    8.96
  Trash/Recycling                18.43
  Street Sweeping                  1.20

The water part is usually higher but we've gotten so much rain we haven't had to use as much.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=46377
[/QUOTE]

Wow! Quite a breakdown! Ours says water, sewer, sanitation. Ha!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts