Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quincy prefers to use a waterbottle instead of a dish and I have been trying to figure out some way to make a stand so it can be in the kitchen next to his food. Right now I have one bottle attached to his crate in our bedroom, and one bottle attached to a baby gate upstairs in our computer room. Has anyone seen anything in a catalogue, or on the internet, or made one? I have tried using velcro, eyelet hooks, etc, but nothing looks attractive (important to my husband--he doesn't want too much "dog junk" around) or is strong enough to hold the bottle. Help!
Quincymom

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
I ended making my own wall mount. I bought a water bottle and some industrial strength velcro (comes with 2 pieces).

I screwed a board (1 ft wide X 2 ft tall) to the wall. I put both of the hook (or was it the loop) pieces on the back of the water bottle. I then lined up where I wanted the bottle on the board and then figured out where the other velcro pieces needed to go.

Here is what it looks like. I wish I would have painted the board white before doing this but oh well.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Petco actually sells a water bottle dispenser unit. It even has a little bowl on the bottom to catch any drips and drabs.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lissa--
That would be perect! I checked Petco online, I couldn't find it. Do you remember what it was called, so I can do an internet search?
Thanks,
Quicnymom

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Lissa: I've tried one like that. It didn't work for use because Lexi started to stain around the mouth. Plus she kept dropping thing in the water (shredded paper, leaves, etc.). The one I tried didn't have the filter so I'm not sure if they would have made a differenc.e

·
Registered
7,428 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
I pour bottled water into the dispenser for Rocco -- don't know if that might make any difference for Lexi. She sounds much more active than Rocco, who is pretty much a lump most of the time, so I don't need to worry about dropping stuff in the bowl part. If I see anything else in my travels, I'll let you know.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts