Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried a water bottle instead of drinking bowl, to prevent the wet beard and staining? Could anyone recommend a particular bottle and explain how it's used, where you hang it, etc?

·
Premium Member
17,394 Posts
I tried one early on in Greece, but found the pups did not get enough water from it. I know others use it w/out issues apparently.
What I do use is a special bowl from Sheila Herman (I don't think she makes them anymore but you might find one on Etsy) that keeps them drier. I have seen some ashtrays that are similar to the one I have.

·
Premium Member
972 Posts
I use a water bottle for Abella. Her breeder (Richelieu Maltese) uses the water bottles in her kennels for all her show dogs. I do feel it helps with tear staining and it helps keep her long ears/mustache/etc dry. I should add that I am home with Abella all day so I can make sure the bottle never runs dry. I also keep one in my car and one in my husbands car.

I purchased Abellas from PawMarks - They come in different sizes and "drip" amounts. If you email her she is great at helping choose the right size for you. I have attached a photo below. All I can say is it works for me. :wub:

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts