Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MOVIE!!!

I dunno if any of you know this yet or not...but I remember from some of your book collections a good bit of you read/liked this book.

But I just came across it on IMDB... Water for Elephants (2011)
And maybe I'll have to watch it, I like Rob and Reese!!! Maybe I will have to read the book too then.

I LOVE when they make movies into books I like...so I figured I'd share!

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
MOVIE!!!

I dunno if any of you know this yet or not...but I remember from some of your book collections a good bit of you read/liked this book.

But I just came across it on IMDB... Water for Elephants (2011)
And maybe I'll have to watch it, I like Rob and Reese!!! Maybe I will have to read the book too then.

I LOVE when they make movies into books I like...so I figured I'd share!
Thanks for the info. LOVED the book as did my DH. I'm always worried whether a movie will live up to a good book. It's rare. Please read it though.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
I am still trying to get up the courage to read the book. Everyone tells me that I will love it and promises that it is not about abusing circus elephants.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I worry about the books when they turn into movies too. Always a little disappointed, BUT I still love seeing them come to the big screen, even if its not completely what I dreamed it would be. It's still fun...

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
One of my all time FAVORITE books! I heard about the movie too. I'm sure it will be enjoyable to watch but the book will be hard to top! I do enjoy seeing movies that were books that I read....gives you a visual and brings back all the good moments you felt while reading the novel.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
I'll wait for all of you to post movie reviews and then decide whether to go ...:Waiting: Like Tammy and Sue, I loved loved loved this book and almost never like a movie as much as a book. My bigger problem with going to the theater to see movies though is that I get so relaxed I fall asleep. :huh:

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
I'll wait for all of you to post movie reviews and then decide whether to go ...:Waiting: Like Tammy and Sue, I loved loved loved this book and almost never like a movie as much as a book. My bigger problem with going to the theater to see movies though is that I get so relaxed I fall asleep. :huh:
And who needs to pay $12 to fall asleep, right Mary.:blink: I'm with you. Unless it really grabs me I zone out too. AND I hate how rude people can be at the movies -- talking, crunching, CELL PHONES and BLACKBERRIES LIT! :smpullhair: Hard to imagine we can fall asleep with all that. :HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley:

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
That is a real peeve of mine--cellphones and crackberries during the show....they light up the room with the screens on those devices. Very annoying. Ugh.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I loved this book but am fearful about Robert Pattinson playing such a vital role. He's good as Edward but honestly not the best actor out there... in my opinion. I'll definitely go see this movie though, the book was fantastic.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I've just started the book and I'm loving it. I usually skip out on movies that are made from novels that I've loved. Movies tend to be disappointing.

·
Registered
7,134 Posts
Marj--it DOES have some elephant abuse in it. But as far as I can recall--it's just one brief instance.

Great book. I don't see how a movie can do it justice, but it should interesting!

·
Registered
903 Posts
just downloaded it on my Kindle....have heard all good reviews....can't wait to start it....

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bringing this back to life...has anyone seen the trailer yet??

I just got this book for Christmas (as per a lot of raves on here about it), started reading it 3 days ago...I'm like almost halfway done with it already! It's so good. Not what I expected. I thought it was just about a circus, not like his life story and stuff. I didn't know it was kinda like a love story too. After I saw the trailer for it, I'm like oh that sounds really good! So I got the book haha. Wish I'd started reading it sooner! Can't wait for the movie now.

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Bringing this back to life...has anyone seen the trailer yet??

I just got this book for Christmas (as per a lot of raves on here about it), started reading it 3 days ago...I'm like almost halfway done with it already! It's so good. Not what I expected. I thought it was just about a circus, not like his life story and stuff. I didn't know it was kinda like a love story too. After I saw the trailer for it, I'm like oh that sounds really good! So I got the book haha. Wish I'd started reading it sooner! Can't wait for the movie now.
Amanda - I didn't see the movie trailer yet but can't wait. I loved the book and then gave it to my DH to read and he thought it was really good too. Glad you like it.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Amanda - I didn't see the movie trailer yet but can't wait. I loved the book and then gave it to my DH to read and he thought it was really good too. Glad you like it.
Yes go watch it!! It's on IMDB now. I haven't seen it on TV yet, but it's been there for atleast a few weeks now. I watch it all the time :HistericalSmiley:

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Havent seen the trailer but read the book a while ago...I don't really remember much of it though, just that I loved it. Definitely would love to see the movie!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts