Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, i have a question. Is it bad for water to go into your furbabys eyes? Everytime i bathe her water always seems to go in them
i try my best but it still goes in
. Id just like to know if it hurts her of if its gonna affect her eye in any way. Please let me know worried momma :eek:

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
What are artificial tears ointiment? I know about the eye drops that are for artificial tears for humans but what about ointiment?

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
It is just a thick version of the drops. I use Genteal for severe dry eye gel for Mikey's other eye problems and have used that in the tub and it works just fine. Otherwise any ointment-style artificial tears (it will be with the drops at the drug store) is fine. Most pet catologs also sell it.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Thank you for the info. I have been using baby shampoo on Lacey's face to wash but once in a while I will notice that after I am done she gets some eye goop for a day or two.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by JMM@Mar 20 2005, 05:59 PM
If you get shampoo in her eyes, it can cause ulcers and discomfort. You can use a little artificial tears ointment in her eyes before her bath to prevent irritation.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=44743
[/QUOTE]

Well i dont know if she gets shampoo in them but i use the jhonsons baby tearless shampoo, do you think that is ok to use ?? please let me know.
thank you

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I put Tuffy in his doggles to keep the water & soap out of his eyes and then take them off right at the end to wash his face off. An added perk of the doggles is that he stays super still in the bathtub.

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
I find Johnson's shampoo to be drying. I prefer to use Absolutely Natural shampoo which is very gentle, tearless, and seems to condition the face decently as well. I would use a gentle, tearless puppy shampoo on the face.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
JMM, have you tried Aveno oatmeal baby wash? My vet recommended it for puppies. I've been using it and it doesn't seem to bother our pup's eyes.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by Mystify79@Mar 21 2005, 01:47 PM
I put Tuffy in his doggles to keep the water & soap out of his eyes and then take them off right at the end to wash his face off.  An added perk of the doggles is that he stays super still in the bathtub.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=45053
[/QUOTE]

I finnally saw a place that sold doggles they were soooo cute geez i wanted to buy them they were only $11 plus tax i think that is cheap!!!
but they are too big to use right now on mit

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR REPLYS!!!

you are all very helpful

1 - 10 of 10 Posts