Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for something to use between baths to clean Chloe's face. It get's a little gunky between baths and it's such a hassle to wet her face etc. Is there a waterless and tearless shampoo that would be safe to use on her face?
Thanks!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
I use the Petsilk no-rinse shampoo on Brink's face to take care of the "goopies". I don't spray it right on there though-I spray it on an old toothbrush that I use on his face/eye area. I usually put some hydrogen peroxide on the toothbrush, and brush/wet the area really well. This loosens some of the "goopies" and then when I put the shampoo on the brush and brush it in, it cleans it up pretty good. I then brush through it all with a flea comb to make sure all the "goopies" are out. This seems to work well when I keep up with it.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the suggestion! I'm actually such a klutz though and Chloe is such a wiggler that I'm afraid to use anything that isn't tearless.

I think I've found two products. One is a waterless shampoo called QuikClean, and the other is Absolutely Natural's Grooming Aid which says that it works on tearstains and such. You can even use it to clean their teeth - so I'm assuming it won't kill my little angel when she tries to 'eat' the stuff as I'm trying to put it on her.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Deb, actually I don't know if the waterless shampoo will work or not. I've been using eyewash and it just doesn't clean her enough between baths. I know many here just wash the face, but I find it too time consuming. I'll link the two or three that I'm thinking about. Maybe someone will jump in with some opinions and experiences with the products.

Biogroom

QuikClean

Absolutely Natural

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Originally posted by CandicePK@May 13 2005, 10:26 AM
Hi Deb, actually I don't know if the waterless shampoo will work or not.  I've been using eyewash and it just doesn't clean her enough between baths.  I know many here just wash the face, but I find it too time consuming.  I'll link the two or three that I'm thinking about.  Maybe someone will jump in with some opinions and experiences with the products.

Biogroom

QuikClean

Absolutely Natural
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=62074
[/QUOTE]

I like the absolutely natural grooming aid and the shampoo which is tearless. I have used both to clean Busters face and they work really well. I put it on a cotton ball to apply then comb thru and if I used the shampoo I wash with a wet washcloth after. I think it does help with the tearstains they have some enzyme in them. Busters Mom

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm so happy to hear that. I know that JMM recommends the regular Absolutely Natural Shampoo so I went ahead and placed an order for the three products. The shampoo, conditioner and the grooming spray. It sounds like everything is very gentle so I'm eager to try them.

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
I was never crazy about the Abs Nat conditioner, but then my dogs' coats take a real beating and need a heavy conditioner. I used the hair food for a while until I figured out why after 4 days their coats suddenly looked awful...it is an oil product. You have to bathe it out every 3-4 days. It works really well if you want to use oil. The other sprays are nice.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for your input JMM. I'm happy I didn't get the hair food. Based on your comments the conditioner should be fine for Chloe since I keep her quite short anyway.
I'm looking forward to getting and using the grooming aid for Chloe's face between baths.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts