Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I was wondernig if someone could help me please.
My Bella has just turned one and is what i would call and a lot of people have classed as a ''perfect maltese'' - her high, size, the way she stands etc etc the only problem i have is her coat.

When she gets wet her coat goes all wavey and into tiny little curls. It almost looks like i have had pleats in it!

I know that this isnt ''acceptable'' for maltese and that their coat should be long and straight. I have also got a message about the pet silk products on these forms as being from the UK i dont know much about them, I was wondering though if this would help her coat.

Also what is the best way to brush her and what brushes and combs do other maltese owners use? - I have read various web sites but they all seem to say something different. I really would like to be able to get the wavy bits out as it does take away from her a little <_<

Thanks you anyone who can offer some advice or help :D

Best wishes

Bellas Mummy
www.perfectmaltese.co.uk

·
Registered
994 Posts
I get my Maxi groomed every 3 to 4 weeks and i keep him in a puppycut
Maxi was 6 months on march 16th he is my pride and joy and i want him to always look fresh and clean and feel good about himself
he has no stains whatsover, i think alot of it has to do with bottled water and keeping his face dry every morning when i am getting ready for work and i blow dry my hair he loves when i put the blow dryer on his face , When i bathe him and blow dry him his hair is straight but as the week goes on it has a wave to it and i think its cute , you know what if you didnt get your babies to show who cares if they have wavy or curly hair
thats just my opinion

1 - 5 of 5 Posts