Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We know you love to spoil your Maltese. And in that search to find products your puppy loves, you’ve probably come across some hits, and a few flops. :mellow:
Today, we want to find out what makes a pet product succeed or fail. Your answers will help shape what’s available on the market, so please be as detailed as possible. But remember, there are no wrong answers! :thumbsup:

1. What would you look for in a dog bed? (e.g. durability, washable, ultra-soft, sleek design)
2. Are there any features of a doggy jacket that would be must haves? (e.g. stylish fabric, an up-to-date design, pockets, a lining) And what aspects would turn you off? (e.g. color, outdated design, single layer, non-washable)
3. If you were to buy a new carrier for your dog, what features would you expect? (e.g. the ability to be enclosed, ergonomic design, very plush, versatility)
4. Are there aspects of a dog blanket that would make it a definite buy? (e.g. waterproofing, chic style, super fluffy, durability, easy maintenance) And what features could a dog blanket have or be missing that would stop you from buying it? (e.g. crazy patterns, not washable, too rough, not waterproof)
5. Funniest question. :) Name either the worst features you’ve seen on a doggy basket, or those that would theoretically stop you from buying (e.g. too stiff, not versatile, missing appreciated function).

Thanks in advance from pet-loving company :wub2:

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Ok, so I'll start :)
1. Washable, stylish, hypoallergenic
2. Jacket collection must be stylish, with many color choices. And for sure jacket must be washable.
3. Hard bottom with soft pad (important for flights); soft sides; zippered and adjustable windows / openings; adjustable shoulder straps
4. Durability, washable. No crazy patterns, big logos on it.
5. The worst was Chinese one.. Smelled like plastic sheet, old fashioned. It did not look safe.

·
Registered
130 Posts
1. durability, washable, ultra-soft, sleek design. I hate those dog beds with cushions in them that say they are washable but you really they mean only the cover is washable and when you try to zip the cushions back in it's so hard to get it to fit again and then it looks weird and lumpy.
2. stylish fabric, an up-to-date design, a lining. And what aspects would turn you off? color, outdated design, non-washable I love bedazzled clothing but I hate how easy the glitter and jewels fall off. If they put a decor on it they should make sure it's gonna stay on. I also think flower print has been used to death.
3. I love dog carriers that look like a regular purse so others can't tell you have a dog in your bag.
4. I don't buy dog blankets I get regular human blankets and comforters for my dogs. so can't say what I like and don't like about dog blankets.
5 the worst carrier I bought was this bag it also doubled as dog crate it was approved for airplane rides it had this secret compartment that let out and expanded for the dog to be able to walk around in it which was nice it was really roomy inside what made it bad was it had double zippers on all the openings so you could open it from the outside and the inside only problem is this is a dog product why in the world would you want it to be able to be opened in from the inside? my miniature dachshund learned how to work the zipper and would open the bag when she felt her presence should be known thankfully she wasn't a runner but if someone's pet was a runner this would be a huge problem for them and potentially dangerous.

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
5 the worst carrier I bought was this bag it also doubled as dog crate it was approved for airplane rides it had this secret compartment that let out and expanded for the dog to be able to walk around in it which was nice it was really roomy inside what made it bad was it had double zippers on all the openings so you could open it from the outside and the inside only problem is this is a dog product why in the world would you want it to be able to be opened in from the inside? my miniature dachshund learned how to work the zipper and would open the bag when she felt her presence should be known thankfully she wasn't a runner but if someone's pet was a runner this would be a huge problem for them and potentially dangerous.
wow, my dog usually can open everything if it's a locker inside. and she's a runner. -_- thanks for your story and answers!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts