Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
I just posted this on FB:
"My hands are shaking so much I can hardly type. . . Lisi got away from the new employee at the curb-side delivery at the groomers. She ran so fast toward a 5 lane hwy. Thank God I was still parked there---I have never moved so fast in my 75 yrs. yelling all the way. When she was finally secure in my arms I started yelling at the helper, then the owner came out & I screamed at her. I called Dwt. & broke down in tears (I rarely-if-ever cry). Thank God my heart is strong. Thank God, my God is good!"
>She ran so fast toward a 5 lane hwy.<<
Oh, my gosh!!! That is so scary. Don't blame you for screaming. If the store is that close to a highway, they shouldn't consider taking a dog out without a leash. Geesh!

Lainie

·
Premium Member
17,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
We have another appt in Nov & one in Jan. We have to book that far ahead here. I will be taking them in their airline carrier & it won't be opened until they are inside the bldg. We can't have this happen again.

Reactions: Kilo

·
Premium Member
4,923 Posts
Oh my gosh Sandi that was a frightening experience! Heartstopping. I would have lost it I know.
Yes, your groomer needs to come up with something much safer. I hate it when leashes are looped over our babies tiny neck and used as a one piece collar/leash. I don’t want a collar on my girls.
I take both of my girls in for a “Tech Appointment” to have nails clipped, ears plucked, anal glands expressed and sanitation clips done. I have never left them with the groomer so do this instead. These days I call inside to say we are there. A tech comes out and takes one girl then brings her back to me in my car and takes the other girl to be done. They both have their harness and leash in from home and they stay on them.
I’m so sorry this happened to you.

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
All i can say is, i wouldn't want that poor girls job, lol. Im truely glad nothing happened to your dog. I would have lost my ****, too.

·
Premium Member
17,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I did feel badly that I SO lost it w/this kid---it was not exactly her fault & I am certain her heart stopped when Lisi bolted. In another way, I am not at all sorry I lost it---IF it ends up helping save another little dogs life. On my block here 2 of my friends (each w/2 dogs) now go monthly to my groomer---and I recommended her so that is a pile of $$$. I am sure she doesn't want to lose any of us as clients so together we can make some changes. There is strength in numbers. Today I will visit one of these friends (w/2 Bischons) & I plan to tell her what happened, but encourage her to help in my effort to make changes. Wish me luck.

·
Registered
98 Posts
OMG Sandi I am so very sorry this happened to you and one of your babies! My heart sank when I saw the title to this post. This is also one several small reasons I groom Sugarplum myself; I guess you could say I’m very protective (maybe overprotective) of her because of what she has been through in her life. She also doesn’t tolerate it well so I have to groom her over several sessions. In about 6 weeks or so it will be a year since I adopted her and I may take her to a groomer (for her re-birthday) who grooms dogs out of her home. She’s a retired vet tech and she has a very good reputation; I’ve read the only thing better than her skill is her prices.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts