Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hubby and I were offered a 4.5 year old female retiree. After much discussion, we decided to give it a shot on a trial basis and see how it works out with Nikki. We won't be getting her for at least 2-3 weeks. I'll post more details as we get closer to the date.

I know I'll have a lot of questions about adding a second dog to our home. Just wanted to share the news.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Congratulations ! I'm sure it will be so nice for Nikki to have a playmate.....and you are such a good, caring pet mom I'm sure everything will work out fine.

·
Premium Member
8,106 Posts
Oh Suzan. Wonderful news. You have such a good heart, you are such a great Mom. Sure, it's a major acclimation for all of you. What I would do is always treat Nikki as your #1 love. Aww, so happy for you!
xoxoxoxooxox

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Well congratulations !!!! :aktion033::aktion033: Oh and BTW, once you have the two of them, you won't be able to go back to just having one! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Congratulations! This is such exciting news. I hope Nikki adores the new addition.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
That is great news, Suzan! Congratulations on your new soon-to-be addition! I really hope she fits in well with your family and you enjoy having two Maltese. I think Nikki would love to have a playmate once she adjusts. Keep us updated!

·
Registered
11,074 Posts
Oh I'm so excited for you! I'm thrilled that whoever you are working with is ok with you trying this first on a trial basis. When I tried to adopt a retiree, it was not a good experience. I felt like a total failure. But then I adopted Jett from Rescue and he had some pretty serious issues we had to work out. And I've fostered 3 since which turned out well. So I've come to realize that it wasn't me. It just was not a good situation at the time. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
17,456 Posts
So happy for you and will keep my paws crossed for Nikki. Our cat is insane w/jealousy but she is making the adjustment slowly & w/lots of treats---she has gained too much weight though so back on the ole' diet! Maybe Nikki needs to gain a little?:smtease::smtease:

·
Premium Member
20,031 Posts
Wow! That was fast! I hope everything works out fine :thumbsup:

Can't wait to hear more and see pics!!!! :aktion033:

·
Registered
730 Posts
How wonderful:aktion033: I hope everything goes smoothly with both girls!

You must be very excited! Congrats:chili: Can't you post a picture so we can see this sweet girl?:wub:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts