Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came in to let everyone know that John and I bought a house and we are really excited about it. Our Realtor is coming over today to go over the paper work with us but the seller already took our first offer! We even have our check ready for escrow! We should be closing right around Christmas and not a moment too soon because our lease here is up the end of January! We are going to stay here till the end of our lease and use that extra time to paint the house and whatever else we want to do before we move in.
I got side tracked with catching up on posts that now I don't have time to tell you all anymore
because I have to finish clearing off the table for when the Realtor comes! But I promise to come back soon and update everyone.
Oh and if I didn't tell you all before, about 8 weeks ago John broke his ankle and he was laid up from work for 6 weeks! It was a hard 6 weeks too. He's been going to physical therapy for two weeks now and can walk with only one crutch! His therapist says he can start to drive around our complex parking lot so his foot gets the practice. I am glad for that because I think our friends are getting sick of driving us everywhere lol.

Oh and the house has a HUGE fenced in yard in the back for Fantasia! She's going to LOVE it! We also have a beautiful deck so I can sit out there and watch her when she's out.

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
Congratulations!

·
Registered
478 Posts
corngrats!!!!!! Wished you would have chose me to be your Real Estate agent.

Don't guess I can win them all, huh.

Is this your first home???? Awww, home ownership. I'll never forget my first house. You'll love it, I'm sure.

Best wishes and again, Congrats!!!!

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Congratulations on your new house, you will love it and I bet you are sooooooooooo excited

We have a nice fenced in yard for Scooby but he insists on being inside most of the time, I am sure he is afraid he might miss something if he stays out too long :lol:

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
I'm glad to see you here...what wonderful news about your new home! I am sure that you will be very happy in it. What a wonderful time to move too...

·
Registered
860 Posts
Congrad. on your new home bet you are so excited. Fended yard will be so nice . Sorry to hear about your hubby hope he is doing well and has a speedy recovery.
Char

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
I'm so glad you let us know your good news! We need more details, but in the meantime - Congrats!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks everyone!

We close on Dec. 23rd but we have decided to wait to move in till our lease is up here in Jan. Our lease is up Jan. 31st so that will give us plenty of time to paint and rip up carpeting before we move furniture in. We are going to get a tree and set it up at the house and have Christmas at the house. We are also going to bring our air mattress and some bedding for if we ever want to spend the night there. We are just going to turn on the electric and the gas so our pipes don't freeze and we can have light to paint by. We were told we would regret moving right in if we didn't have to because it's the only chance we will get to do what we want without moving furniture and stuff.

The home owner does all his own home repairs (he's in that business) so we don't think there are going to be any problems with the inspection report. We know we will get approved for the loan because we were already pre-approved for more than the house is worth.

The exterior of the house is virtually maintenance free because the home owner capped all the wood with some type of plastic (like siding material) and it's completely covered in siding.

Here's the link to the listing if anyone wants to check it out.

http://www.prufoxroach.com/search/search_r...FTOKEN=11369007

We used a friends brother-in-law for our Realtor. He's really good at what he does.

We have a pull down attic that has flooring over half the house and no flooring over the other half. We also have a small one room partial basement and a shed in the back yard. We figure we can use the shed for lawn supplies and the lawn mower (we will have to buy one of them now lol) and we can use the attic for seasonal storage.

Our Realtor was making sure we understood that things go wrong with buying a house and with the inspections and not to get crushed if we don't get the house. But we just said, no problem if this house falls through we will just move on to the next lol. But we really don't see any problems so far.

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
Originally posted by FannyMay@Nov 16 2005, 02:27 PM
I came in to let everyone know that John and I bought a house and we are really excited about it.  Our Realtor is coming over today to go over the paper work with us but the seller already took our first offer!  We even have our check ready for escrow!  We should be closing right around Christmas and not a moment too soon because our lease here is up the end of January!  We are going to stay here till the end of our lease and use that extra time to paint the house and whatever else we want to do before we move in. 
I got side tracked with catching up on posts that now I don't have time to tell you all anymore 
  because I have to finish clearing off the table for when the Realtor comes!  But I promise to come back soon and update everyone. 
Oh and if I didn't tell you all before, about 8 weeks ago John broke his ankle and he was laid up from work for 6 weeks!  It was a hard 6 weeks too.  He's been going to physical therapy for two weeks now and can walk with only one crutch!  His therapist says he can start to drive around our complex parking lot so his foot gets the practice.  I am glad for that because I think our friends are getting sick of driving us everywhere lol. 

Oh and the house has a HUGE fenced in yard in the back for Fantasia!  She's going to LOVE it!  We also have a beautiful deck so I can sit out there and watch her when she's out.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=120254
[/QUOTE]
congrats!!! Hope you enjoy your new home!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.