Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BEFORE :

AFTER :

The hair on his legs is still not completely long especially not on the one he had surgery at. I might cut a little bit his beard and ears down but each time I do it I regret it. He looks more manly in his long beard.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Awwwww. So precious.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
He is a cutie.

I really should post pictures of Miko after the hair cut he received from the surgeon. Its quite scary...he is shaved around his butt up to waste and all around his legs down to the pink skin. I am sure after this is all over, I will be shaving the rest of him to even out the hair.

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
okw, I know it looks scary. Looks like a chicken leg. And then the incision. Alex did not have sutures, he had staples.

That's how his leg looked like with the staples in it :

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Awe poor Alex. His hair cut looks nice and cool though. It's good for the warmer weather and I am sure he is happier with it. I just did Fantasia's hair cut last week because she was panting all the time. After her bath I will post pictures too.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
OUCH! Those staples look scary!
Poor guy!

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
OMG! When I looked at the picture, I was like -- Is that Miko? The only difference is that he has sutures but both of his legs and area around the butt are shave sooo close to the skin (just like Alex's). Without hair, you are so fully aware of how skinny and fragile their legs are. Thanks for posting that picture. I will post mine sometime soon.

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
He had his surgery on January 4th. He is fine now. He runs, he jumps (hard to keep him from it) like nothing happened. So OKW don't worry it will get better. When they took off his bandage he had such a hard time I was sick for him and worried. It really took the 4 to 6 weeks they tell you to get over it. I never confined him because the vet wanted him to start putting his leg down and weight on it as quickly as possible.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts