Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All three of us are getting haircuts tomorrow!

I stopped by the vet today to make sure that the groomer can do something other than shave the dogs bald. When she found out that I want N to have a scissor cut, she almost started crying right then and there. She's afraid to do a scissor cut, she keeps saying that it will look terrible on a Maltese. I keep telling her that N isn't 100% Maltese and that he's very fluffy and that he's had a scissor cut many times before and he really does look GOOD that way, but she still looked very upset. Finally, the vet got his wife to agree to come and help, so she's going to do it. But, she's still so afraid! I'm hoping that once she feels N's hair, she'll realize it'll be okay. And in any case, he'll look better than if I tried to do it myself, which is my other choice at this point. Little C will be getting her face trimmed and her feet pads trimmed. Not much room for error there. Then there is me. *shudder* I've had some nightmarish things happen to me that were caused by scissor wielding people. *shudder*

Anyway, cross your fingers for me that I won't be back on here, sobbing, tomorrow.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Awww!! Good luck you guys!! I'm totally with you on being afraid of people with scissors! I just finally got my first good haircut in a year...Been growing out the terrible haircut from last year. I've been wearing ponytails everyday, it was hard to tell if I was 24 or 6 years old for a while

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Good Luck. I have only one person that I allow to touch my hair. She has been doing it every two weeks for the past 10 years.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Good Luck!

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Originally posted by NC's Mom@Apr 1 2005, 09:16 AM
All three of us are getting haircuts tomorrow!

I keep telling her that N isn't 100% Maltese
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=48023
[/QUOTE]
N,isnt a Maltese? I always that he was!!!What elese is he Bichon????He is beautifull no matter what !!!Reminds me of Bailey(Maltese/Bichon) now that I think about it
Good luck and posts a pic. if you can.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have no idea what N is. He was sold to the guy who gave him to me as a 100% purebred Maltese, but he obviously isn't. I figure that there is either some Poodle or some Bichon in there. Depends on which of those two breeds is the smarter...of course he is part of the smarter of the two. :D

Anyway, I've known for years that he most likely isn't a pure Maltese. He's much too big and doesn't have Maltese hair. As his hair grows, it sticks out more and more until he looks like a giant puffball. I also realized it the first time that Little C got a haircut. I asked for the exact same cut as N. He came out looking like a champion. She looked terrible. Her hair is fine and silky and droopy. It just hangs down. N's hair stands straight out and has never hung down.....only on his ears and his tail. When you pet him, his hair deflates for a moment and then puffs back up again. But, I can't figure out WHAT he is because I've looked at lots of pictures of Poodles and of Bichons and he doesn't really look like either of them in the face. He doesn't really look all that Maltese in his face either...not close up. That's why I'm fairly certain that he must be a mix. And what can I say? It apparently takes more than one dog breed mixed together to acheive the Perfection that is N. :D

As for my hair. *gulp* Mine is like N's in that it grows slowly. He gets a bad haircut and is depressed for at least a month. I'm the same. Actually, he tends to start to look better sooner than I do. If I can just find a hair stylist I like, I'll stick with her/him. And if the groomers do even a barely okay job with N, I'll stick with them because I figure that they'll get better with him with more practice. And the alternative is a train ride into another city. I'm not worried about Little C because she's just getting trims here and there. And, as I keep reminding myself, they'd be hard pressed to do a worse job than what I could do on N.

Anyway, they'll start with Little C. So N and I will have some quality alone time. Then, while they are doing N, Little C and I will go and get mine done. I feel better if I have a dog on my lap while I'm getting a hair cut. Security blanket thing. Normally, I'd take N, but it'll probably take longer to do my hair than Little C and I can't allow any gaps in time between dogs or another dog will squeeze into our time slot. The groomer is normally VERY VERY busy these days since the weather is warming up. More people are getting hair cuts for their dogs.

Well, I have to go and print a bunch of N's pictures where I like his hair so that she has something to go by.

And eat some breakfast.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Bailey looks and has the Maltese hair around his face and ears and tail.His body hair is curly and very thick like a Bichons.It does lay down when he is in a full coat but,curly.I think him and N,look alot alike.How much does he weigh?Bailey weighs 11 lbs. as of Wed.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Last time I weighed him, he was close to 6 kilograms. I plan to weigh him again after he gets all that hair cut off. :D

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, I just dropped off Little C and I can go get her in two hours. N is looking everywhere for her. He can't figure out what happened to her. Looks like I won't be getting a haircut today after all. The sky is yellow today. I wore my mask and was still coughing a lot until I got back home. There is no way that I would be able to sit in some little shop for an hour without ending up having an asthma attack. *sigh* This just figures. The last three days were gorgeous and the air quality wasn't bad at all. The weekend arrives and everything goes yellow.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OHMYGOD! She's GORGEOUS! She is simply stunning....she should be a dog model! She looks absolutely fantastic!!! The groomer did what I wanted and then did more---she evened out everything on her entire body (Little C had been suffering from surgery-related cuts and mommy-thinks-she-can-handle-clippers-cuts) She's totally beautiful! I can't wait to see how N will turn out! The groomer is taking a lunch break and we are supposed to go back in about an hour. I'm not nervous anymore--I'm excited!
Will need to buy the groomer a present!

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'll put one of her up in a few minutes. There won't be one of N; he's too easily recognizable.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts