Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had to put my 10 year Akita to sleep today and I'm lost without him here. He's been with us since my oldest were babies and I can't stop crying. I know it was the right thing to do but the loss is overwhelming.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
It is such a hard decision, even when you know it is right. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by tlunn@Dec 21 2004, 02:22 PM
It is such a hard decision, even when you know it is right.  My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=24689
[/QUOTE]
I haven't told the kids yet because they're at school but I know they're going to be devistated. How do I tell them without falling apart myself?

·
Registered
219 Posts
I'm so sorry about Gus. It's so hard, especially around the holidays. Now your family has an Angel watching over them.

(((HUGS)))

It's ok to break down in front of your kids-they will only understand how deeply this affects you, and it will help them deal with their own grief. I went through the same with my ancient Dobe last year. Me and my kids sat and cried on each other, and helped each other to heal. That's what family is for.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by adorableaccentsdogbows.com+Dec 21 2004, 02:26 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-tlunn
@Dec 21 2004, 02:22 PM
It is such a hard decision, even when you know it is right.  My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=24689
I haven't told the kids yet because they're at school but I know they're going to be devistated. How do I tell them without falling apart myself?

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=24692
[/B][/QUOTE]

When my Sandy cat died last spring...I cried...I cried like a baby right in front of them. They cried right along with me...sometimes we still cry over her. -_- She was a special part of our lives. I think the kids need to know the place that our pets hold in our hearts. It will be theraputic for all of you to lean on each other at this time. Just be honest and open with them. It will be ok...Sending more hugs your way....

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
so sorry for you loss. i know it must be really hard. don't feel bad crying about it in front of your children, it shows you are human, and you loved gus very much.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
So sorry for you and your family.Letting a loved one go to a better place is soooooooooo hard.Just remember Gus is in a much better place and thanks you for the great love you showed for what you did. He will always be in your hearts. My prayers to you and yours.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
ButterCloud and Noriko sending lots of XOXO's to you and your whole family. You'll be in our thoughts. Take care.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
we all know you made the right decision, and so your children will definitely understand. and we're definitely all here for you

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm overwhelmed with gratitude to you all. I feel like we're a family here and I am so greatful for your support.
Thank you soooo much
PS my children and I cried for a long time and I'm sure we will again but you're all right, we'll get through it toge
ther.

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Originally posted by adorableaccentsdogbows.com@Dec 21 2004, 03:16 PM
We had to put my 10 year Akita to sleep today and I'm lost without him here. He's been with us since my oldest were babies and I can't stop crying. I know it was the right thing to do but the loss is overwhelming.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=24687
[/QUOTE]

I am so sorry.. I have "been-there" and it is a very difficult time. There is comfort in knowing we have released them from pain.. only to take it upon ourselves with the feeling of loss. I assure you in time it does get better.. the pain in your heart will gradually be replaced with all the beautiful and happy memories.

Here is a poem I hope is helpful... Missysmom

May I Go?

May I go now?
Do you think the time is right?
May I say good-bye to pain filled days
and endless lonely nights?
I've lived my life and done my best,
an example tried to be.
So can I take that step beyond
and set my spirit free?
I didn't want to go at first,
I fought with all my might.
But something seems to draw me now
to a warm and living light.
I want to go
I really do.
It's difficult to stay.
But I will try as best I can
to live just one more day.
To give you time to care for me
and share your love and fears.
I know you're sad and afraid, because I see your tears.
I'll not be far,
I promise that, and hope you'll always know
that my spirit will be close to you
wherever you may go.
Thank you so for loving me
you know I love you too
that's whay it's hard to say good bye
and end this life with you.
So hold me now just one more time
and let me hear you say,
because you care so much for me
you'll let me go today.