Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are going to be fluffsitting a yorkie , ( i a actually think hes a silky but his mom insists he is a yorkie :mellow: ) anyway my cousin n her are going to the Dominican Rep from thurs til sunday and im going to stay with him, he is not wee pad train so my girls will b walkinghim twice a day. he is a very mellow dog , acts like a cat , lol n is very quiet, dolce has seen him n played w him before..

any tips ?

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
Awww that is so sweet of you. I think Dolce will get a kick out of it. I think you will be okay and since they have met before, that's even better. Only tip I can think of, is to not leave them out of your eye sight, just to make sure all is okay. That is really sweet of you.

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
of course i will take pics!!! question , so when i go to work do i leave them seperated ? or can i leave them together ?

yes looking forward to having two fluffs in the house ... u all know my desire to have a lil sister for dolce one day...

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
of course i will take pics!!! question , so when i go to work do i leave them seperated ? or can i leave them together ?

yes looking forward to having two fluffs in the house ... u all know my desire to have a lil sister for dolce one day...

That's a really good question. If you are not going to be home, I would keep them seperated. We used to watch our BIL's dog, who has since passed, every Wednesday, my Flakey LOVED him. At the time, I had Kara and Flakey. We kept Kara and Flakey in their playroom, and Corkey, my BIL's dog, in one of the spare bedrooms. With babygates, to protect them from getting out of the room. Just keeps things safer.

Ask them to bring some of his favorite toys, or a little bed he is used to sleeping on, or something that he is used to having at home.

That's just how we did it, and it worked for us and just kept all the furbabies safe.

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i think i will keep dolce in the kitchen as i usually do n rochie in my room :) it should be fine cause they actually like ea other m n they r both calm fluffs.
That's a really good question. If you are not going to be home, I would keep them seperated. We used to watch our BIL's dog, who has since passed, every Wednesday, my Flakey LOVED him. At the time, I had Kara and Flakey. We kept Kara and Flakey in their playroom, and Corkey, my BIL's dog, in one of the spare bedrooms. With babygates, to protect them from getting out of the room. Just keeps things safer.

Ask them to bring some of his favorite toys, or a little bed he is used to sleeping on, or something that he is used to having at home.

That's just how we did it, and it worked for us and just kept all the furbabies safe.

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
You said that he's not pad trained so he'll be walked twice a day - I assume he'll be taken out for just potty trips though too right? He's going to need to potty more than twice a day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts