Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I thought I would try Keeko for a brief walk on the beach just to see how he would like it. No other dogs around and he loved it. We were only there 5 mins as it started to rain and were just coming off the beach when I was approached by a man from animal control. We were lucky and only got a warning...plus he took Mishkas registration number. I told him *cough* Keeko was too young for that. (he should have been registered 3 weeks ago).
In just over 3 years of living in this town I never realised that long weekends were a NO NO for dogs on the beach.

The guy was really nice and said everyone deserved a warning and he held Keeko and oooh and arghed over him while I checked Mishkas number. LOL
He was pleased that we kept strictly off the beach in the xmas period and that I had doggy poop bags attached to their leads... so I guess we couldnt have been tooooooo bad.
I refuse to register Keeko before registration time. (another coupla months) because they charge the full year even if its a week off renewal time, and at $50 thats crazy. If it was a part charge I wouldnt mind. Just my little stand against the system. Oh our vet put us wise to the local councils rules and advised us to wait as well.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Sounds like the puppy police were kind to you guys!! We learn something new every day!! It sounds like you guys have pretty strict laws in New Zeland!!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Originally posted by kimmie@Mar 28 2005, 05:03 PM
Yesterday I thought I would try Keeko for a brief walk on the beach just to see how he would like it. No other dogs around and he loved it.  We were only there 5 mins as it started to rain and were just coming off the beach when I was approached by a man from animal control.  We were lucky and only got a warning...plus he took Mishkas registration number.  I told him *cough* Keeko was too young for that. (he should have been registered 3 weeks ago).
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=46917
[/QUOTE]

Registration? What's that? LOL! Just kidding, but Fantasia isn't registered yet and she's 3! I keep wanting to but I think about what they are going to say when they find out she's 3 and has never been registered! Are they going to charge me for the other years? Then when I get up the guts to do it it's too late and you have to pay extra so I say, oh well maybe next year. So maybe next year lol. I haven't been called on it yet so I guess I don't feel the urgent need to get it done.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
so you arent allowed to take the dog to the beach at all? im sorry...i dont get why you got in trouble. i would've started yelling and biting and kicking. LOL.
animal control sucks sometimes.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Registration? We take Puddles to the beach and no problems. Is it a state to state thing? I would hate to shoot someone that tries to take my baby cause hes not registrated !

Can some one give me a heads up on this, were in North Carolina.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
yeah, the dogs have to be registered in california. i did it to all three of them...but i never put their tags on them. it just seems annoying, yo uknow?

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
I guess where I am...our "registering" is getting the rabies shots....

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
Jodi they are not going to charge you for the years she was not registered. The vet here gives you the registration papers when he does the rabbies shot. You have a month to send them in. Once they are registered, the town sends a reminder every year and you just send in the rabbies shot certificat and the money, lol.
An altered pet license here costs 10 $ the first year, and 2 $ each subsequent year. If the pet is unaltered it is 25 $ annually. There is a 10 $ late fee if submitted 30 days or more after vaccination.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I guess every country is different. I am in New-Zealand and here we dont need rabies shots. The way it works is we take the puppies to the vet for their normal puppy shots for parvo etc.. 3 of them one month apart. But having them registered is a local council thing where you go and pay extra. Depending on what area you live to how much you pay and there no go zones for dogs. We can take the dogs to the beach just not in the xmas period and on long weekends when we have a lot of out of town visitors in our area. There is a dog walking zone few minutes from our place along the estuary but there is always so many big dogs along there I avoid it when the out of towners are there. Plus there is mud flats ......ewwwww so we have wait to the appointed times to be able to go down on the sand.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Puddles has had his rabies shots, so I guess were registered. My vet didn't give me a choice on the matter.

Also, the groomer would not accept him with out the paper work of proof.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
In Iowa you are supposed to register with your city. In hometown we always registered but in Des Moines none of my neighbors registered their dogs so I haven't registered Lexi yet.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I am so glad Fantasia is not the only one not registered.

Janine,
Fantasia has had her rebies shots and our vet never gave us a form to fill out. We do get a township newsletter in the mail twice a year and it has information on how to register your dog. I have to go to the Town Hall (don't know where that is yet) and fill out the paper work. Also have to pay and like yours it's cheaper with a fixed animal. My father-in-law has to pay even more because he has an intact male pit bull and a spayed female pit bull.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Hmm...when Tyler got his rabie shots, they didn't give us papers. Is there another way you can get papers for registering?

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Originally posted by FannyMay@Mar 29 2005, 12:16 PM
I am so glad Fantasia is not the only one not registered. 

Janine,
Fantasia has had her rebies shots and our vet never gave us a form to fill out.  We do get a township newsletter in the mail twice a year and it has information on how to register your dog.  I have to go to the Town Hall (don't know where that is yet) and fill out the paper work.  Also have to pay and like yours it's cheaper with a fixed animal.  My father-in-law has to pay even more because he has an intact male pit bull and a spayed female pit bull.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=47182
[/QUOTE]

What part of NJ are you in FannyMay?

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Originally posted by FannyMay+Mar 29 2005, 02:21 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Teddyandme
@Mar 29 2005, 02:23 PM
What part of NJ are you in FannyMay?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=47200
South Jersey, Camden County
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=47220
[/B][/QUOTE]

I am in Mercer County...not too far. Can't offer any help though with where to go for registration. I too have not yet done this as going down to town hall is a pain for something so silly. And since Teddy is never out without me, ever I find it rediculous.

S

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Kodie isnt registered either and hes gonna be 2yrs old this weekend! hahah... SHHHHHhhhh... dont tell ! :D

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Originally posted by Teddyandme@Mar 29 2005, 06:44 PM
I am in Mercer County...not too far.  Can't offer any help though with where to go for registration.  I too have not yet done this as going down to town hall is a pain for something so silly.  And since Teddy is never out without me, ever I find it rediculous. 

S
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=47290
[/QUOTE]

Yeah I find it rediculious too. Fantasia is an indoor dog and she is never outside without me. And when she is outside she is on a leash. She can't bolt out the door when someone comes in or out either because we have a gate in the hall that leads to the front door (and no one uses the sliding glass back door). There is no way that she could escape (that's why we have the gate) so I don't worry about her being outside without me or my husband. I just worry about getting stopped by animal control when we are walking her or taking her out for a car ride.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts