Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning everyone..I just went online to buy the heartgard and vitamins for my Teddy as his are going to be running out soon and wanted to be prepared...do any of you have any great experiences with online sellers...do any of you have places to stay away from.

I beleive I was looking at PetMeds.com, any experience?

Any help would be great as the last time I purchased for Teddy online it was from a reference I got on SM...what a great way to shop...with others who have already experienced it.

Thanks in advance.

S

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
I go online to petsmed and Dr Fosters/Smith I think it is and copy out their prices. My vet will honor any prices that are cheaper if you take a printout in.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually was hoping for that, but called the Vet this morning and she said just have them fax over the information that they need a script for.

Go figure...I guess they don't care to give a purchase.

And it was a lot different...Online was $28 for a year and the Vet was $22.50 for six months. Crazy.

Thanks for your help.

S

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So no one buys online....
, Any help really would be great...Thanks in advance.

S

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I just ordered some Advantage for fleas for Ruby Jean on entirelypets.com-I had no problems-first time that I ordered from them. My package came right away......................don't you love getting stuff in the mail???? heh heh

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
I bought some Advantage online, but I haven't bought heartworm stuff that way. I just get it from my vet because I usually forget about it until I need it like today or tomorrow.
Don't want to wait on shipping.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
We had this discussion awhile back about the safest place to buy from now that counterfeits are out there. I think the consenus was that http://www.vetcentric.com/ was the most reputable place, that even vets were recommending it.

I used to get mine from Revival, but I noticed that their latest catalogue doesn't show them so I will probably try Vetcentric this time. My vet is twice as much and they get enough of my money! I love the idea of vet's matching prices like Sheila mentioned. I wish mine would.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone.

I am going to try this. I will let you know how it works or if I have any problems.

S

·
Registered
707 Posts
Originally posted by RubyJeansmom@May 17 2005, 02:47 AM
I just ordered some Advantage for fleas for Ruby Jean on entirelypets.com-I had no problems-first time that I ordered from them. My package came right away......................don't you love getting stuff in the mail???? heh heh 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=62798
[/QUOTE]

I shopped a lot for cheaper prices and found that entirelypets.com had the best prices of all the websites. I ordered my heargard from them and it arrived promptly. THey took care of getting the prescription from my vet and everything.

I will use them again. I think their frontline is cheaper that the other sites too.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by mylittlebella+May 17 2005, 03:11 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-RubyJeansmom
@May 17 2005, 02:47 AM

I shopped a lot for cheaper prices and found that entirelypets.com had the best prices of all the websites. I ordered my heargard from them and it arrived promptly. THey took care of getting the prescription from my vet and everything.

I will use them again. I think their frontline is cheaper that the other sites too.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=62939
[/B][/QUOTE]
You have to be very careful when order pet medications on the internet. Some of the sites are from other countries. A lot of times what you get is not what you ordered. If you do get the correct med there is no telling how it was kept. It might be expired, about to expire. It might have been kept in extremely hot temps or cold temps. So be careful when ordering meds online.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom+May 17 2005, 04:16 PM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 17 2005, 03:11 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-RubyJeansmom
@May 17 2005, 02:47 AM

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=62939

[/QUOTE]
You have to be very careful when order pet medications on the internet. Some of the sites are from other countries. A lot of times what you get is not what you ordered. If you do get the correct med there is no telling how it was kept. It might be expired, about to expire. It might have been kept in extremely hot temps or cold temps. So be careful when ordering meds online.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=62941
[/B][/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip...I did check the expiration date and I know it was way, way after so I know that's ok. What I gues I won't know is how it was kept.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
I have a local vet supply business I'm able to purchase products from. My vet told me to tell them to let me have what I want. I get my heartworm medication, Frontline Plus, and antibiotics. I do not abuse the situation, and these folks know that I'm working with my vet. Their price is cheaper than the online stores.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by LadysMom@May 18 2005, 07:14 AM
Kristi is absolutely right. Here's an article from the EPA about the counterfeit pesticides fro pets.

http://www.epa.gov/pesticides/factsheets/petproduct.htm
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=63119
[/QUOTE]

Ladysmom,

Once again you have given excellent information. I rummaged around in the site for a bit which took me to other very good information. Thank you.

It looks like this information is on both frontline and advantage...I won't use either on Teddy since he is allergic but if they can do it for these then you know that they will try with heartgard as well...

I am going to really research these online places a bit more...Teddy has another month before I really need it...so if I find that they are not reputable, my Vet will be seeing me for more.

Thank you all for your help.

S

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by LadysMom@May 18 2005, 07:14 AM
Kristi is absolutely right. Here's an article from the EPA about the counterfeit pesticides fro pets.

http://www.epa.gov/pesticides/factsheets/petproduct.htm
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=63119
[/QUOTE]
Thanks! I knew there was something out there about it. A vet (not my current one) told be about this. Just be careful. If the price seems too good to be true then something probably isn't right. I know when I did my search last year I found some really cheap ones and did a little bit more research and found out the company was from some other country.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts