Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to Visit a Family Member and I had to take Bushi with me. Now the drive was about a 2 Hour drive to get there. Moments after I'm there Bushi is Barking at me to pic him up. When I finally picked him up he was covered with Fleas :eek:

I gave him a bath and put him pack down "Guest What"? More Fleas! The whole stay im picking fleas off my baby. Her Mom called and said to use Vingar with water that Fleas dont like that. So I started Spraying Bushi the rug and the couch where we had to sleep.. At this point I didnt want to leave Bushi because I was scared of the fleas jumping back on him... :new_Eyecrazy:

She has a Cat that goes in and out the House and I think that's why her Apt is infested.......

So we stuck out the weekend there with no choice....... Bushi is so smart he stood in his Carrier the whole time.... Well Sunday finally came and boyeee were we happy to be going back home.....

Do you know when I got Home I got a phone call about how I spoile my dog. That he's a Dog not a Human.... That I put my Dog in Front of her. Oh yeah and how I got her house smelling like Vinagar :eek:

She should of been more worried about the Fleas more than the Vinagar.... Im not talking a few fleas Im talking about Lots and Lots of them where all over my baby.... I panic...! Yeah so it got Ugly....................

What do You Guys Think...........?
I mean I love my Bushi he's my Baby do you guys think I over React?????

·
Registered
7,621 Posts
Wow...that sucks....I'm pretty protective of Massimo too... I absolutely HATE fleas. I'm sorry your weekend wasn't the best. I feel for ya.

-c

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
i'd be sooo pissed off!! i think of my dogs as my babies....and of course i'd care if they have FLEAS!

im sorry...but your family member is dirty. :eek:

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I just finally after like 3 months managed to get rid of Sunny's fleas, if I took him to someones house and he got them again I proubly wouldnt have even stuck around for the whole visit lol.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by doctorcathy@Apr 29 2005, 08:29 PM
i'd be sooo pissed off!!  i think of my dogs as my babies....and of course i'd care if they have FLEAS! 

im sorry...but your family member is dirty.   :eek:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=58193
[/QUOTE]

The funny part is just because her Apt. Looks Clean, she dont feel her Apt. is dirty with fleas............................Amazing!!!

She thinks it's Normal for a Dog to have Fleas.... And for the record Bushi had FrontLine on, but it dont work when your Maltese is being Bum Rushed by Hundreds of Fleas :eek:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by Lilly521@Apr 29 2005, 09:17 PM
I just finally after like 3 months managed to get rid of Sunny's fleas, if I took him to someones house and he got them again I proubly wouldnt have even stuck around for the whole visit lol.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=58205
[/QUOTE]

I was stuck between a Rock and a Bigger one...LOL I couldnt leave. She came to pick me up. My Husband had to work all weekend and of course he had the truck..... You dont know how bad I wanted to Leave....

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We stop by her job, and she wanted me to Leave Bushi in the Car so I can meet her co-workers.... Leave my Baby in the car in Florida's Hot Sun.... I think Not! She has no compassion for Bushi or Animals period.... You know how many sad story's I heard about dogs died because they were left in a Car....

This situation is a Big Deal...........!

Sad but "True Story"

·
Registered
363 Posts
Doesn't this person realize that fleas bite humans too and can cause infection? You would think that would be enough reason to get rid of them even if she doesn't care about the cat. When may cats had fleas a few years ago, I was all bit up around my ankles, that grossed me out. I did everything I could and finally got rid of them. Now all my animals are treated monthly. I bet your poor baby was itching like crazy and couldn't figure out why. Don't go there again with or without your baby.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
thats sooo weird that the frontline didnt work.

my aunt just invited us to go to her house. and they have an outdoor-only jackrussell terrier. who smells like a dog and has fleas.

so i told cynthia "im putting the advantix on them RIGHT NOW". lol.

but it turns out its for my cousins bday party---so i'm goign to stay home with the dogs. LOL. they act bad sometimes.

and i CANNOT believe that she wanted you to leave the baby in the car!!! i feel really bad for her cat. why did she even buy a cat??

·
Registered
240 Posts
Some maltese can be EXTREMELY allergic to flea bites...I know when I picked Pippin up my breeder told me her lines are VERY sensitive and to be very careful. I think your family member is being very insensitive and unreasonable...you AND Bushi were her guests and instead of trying to make you feel at home and welcome she berates YOU for HER filthy hygiene habits. What if those fleas were carrying tapeworms and Bushi ate one by accident??? Is she going to bail you out of jail when you get arrested for leaving Bushi in the hot car??? I'm just glad you both escaped the visit unscathed!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by maltsmom@Apr 30 2005, 10:37 AM
Doesn't this person realize that fleas bite humans too and can cause infection?  You would think that would be enough reason to get rid of them even if she doesn't care about the cat.  When may cats had fleas a few years ago, I was all bit up around my ankles, that grossed me out.  I did everything I could and finally got rid of them.  Now all my animals are treated monthly.  I bet your poor baby was itching like crazy and couldn't figure out why.  Don't go there again with or without your baby. 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=58302
[/QUOTE]

Talking about Fleas biting humans. My neice was there a few weeks before me, and come to find out after my visit that my niece was bit by the fleas. She has the marks to prove it.

She even said that a "Dog is a Dog and a Cat is a Cat That they dont Bother Her"!
LOL I was in Shock

I'll never go Back there ever........ Oh She dont want me back anyway.....LOL She said i made her feel like her house was dirty....

Just to give you a feel of what I went through..................

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by Pippinsmom@Apr 30 2005, 11:40 AM
Some maltese can be EXTREMELY allergic to flea bites...I know when I picked Pippin up my breeder told me her lines are VERY sensitive and to be very careful.  I think your family member is being very insensitive and unreasonable...you AND Bushi were her guests and instead of trying to make you feel at home and welcome she berates YOU for HER filthy hygiene habits.  What if those fleas were carrying tapeworms and Bushi ate one by accident???  Is she going to bail you out of jail when you get arrested for leaving Bushi in the hot car???  I'm just glad you both escaped the visit unscathed!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=58322
[/QUOTE]

Thank You....... Beautiful Response.......! Now I know I'm not going Crazy.... She is! LOL

Never Again I Tell You...........

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by doctorcathy@Apr 30 2005, 11:11 AM
thats sooo weird that the frontline didnt work. 

my aunt just invited us to go to her house. and they have an outdoor-only jackrussell terrier.  who smells like a dog and has fleas.  

so i told cynthia "im putting the advantix on them RIGHT NOW".  lol. 

but it turns out its for my cousins bday party---so i'm goign to stay home with the dogs.  LOL.  they act bad sometimes. 

and i CANNOT believe that she wanted you to leave the baby in the car!!!   i feel really bad for her cat.  why did she even buy a cat??
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=58313
[/QUOTE]

Your Response had me Cracking Up... LMAF FrontLine cant fight all those fleas at once.. Way to Many! God Only knows why she has a Cat.. LOL. Did I meantion I'm allergic to Cats.... Nice Blend Fleas and Allergies me and the Boosh were Doomed from the Start. LOL

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I had a hard time even deciding to open this post since I am so squeemish about bugs of any kind. I would have had to get a hotel after seeing one flea! Even then I wouldnt have had much sleep. I never had a bad infestation of fleas, but the first time I found them on Holli (from my dad's outdoor cat), I had bad dreams about them being on me!

I think she should be more concerned about the house and her cat having fleas than the smell of vinegar (I clean my house with that sometimes).

I am itching just thinking about this. I have to get off this topic.
Bottom line, you are in the "right" in my opinion.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by Holliberry@Apr 30 2005, 10:45 PM
I had a hard time even deciding to open this post since I am so squeemish about bugs of any kind.  I would have had to get a hotel after seeing one flea!  Even then I wouldnt have had much sleep.  I never had a bad infestation of fleas, but the first time I found them on Holli (from my dad's outdoor cat), I had bad dreams about them being on me! 

I think she should be more concerned about the house and her cat having fleas than the smell of vinegar (I clean my house with that sometimes). 

I am itching just thinking about this. I have to get off this topic. 
Bottom line, you are in the "right" in my opinion.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=58524
[/QUOTE]

I didnt get much sleep at all. I wasnt even tired I was up all night Long. Thanks for your Response.........

1 - 17 of 17 Posts