Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me. I took Lexi to the vet yesterday and when the weighed her she was 4.0 pounds. Does this seem right? On April 12 she weighed 2.5 pounds at 11 weeks old. I weighed her again at the end of April and she was 2.6 pounds. That means she gain like 1.5 pounds in a little over 4 weeks.

I really don't care how much she ends up weighing as long as she is healthy. I was just suprised that she had gained that much weight.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
yup its normal...pretty much the same weight progression parker was when he was that young....he is 6.2lbs now. no need to worry...besides your vet would have commented if there were a prob with that.

·
Registered
994 Posts
yes maxi started to put the weight on after like 12 to 14 weeks every time i took him to the vet he was up in weight i said to the vet how much is he going to weigh the vet said i dont know maybe 100lbs ( of course he was kidding) in any event maxi is almost 9lbs and ill tell you the truth he really doesnt eat alot at all and he eats no treats he plays with them but he doesnt eat them so per the place i got him from they said 6lbs top
yeah right/i actually am happy that he isnt so fragile

1 - 6 of 6 Posts