Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Originally posted by Lissa@Aug 26 2004, 10:42 AM
Hi, just wanted to introduce myself and am happy to see some former posters from the other site here.  I missed your posts.  You guys would know me as Morocco's Mom.  I've been lurking here for a couple of days, trying to catch up on what I've missed from some familiar posters and am psyched to be here.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=7765
[/QUOTE]

I just wanted to start another topic so your welcome wouldn't become lost!

I posted on the other site a few times, but no more :excl:
The I often lurked but no have given that up for my own peace of mind and sanity

Welcome to you and Morocco! Glad you found us; can't wait to hear about your pup!

Judi

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
welcome Lissa

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
We are so glad you found this site! It is on it's way to becoming a powerhouse resource for Maltese owners and lovers. I guess that is redundant; to own a Maltese is to love a Maltese.

I, too, am a turncoat from MO. After leaving that site, I was "restricted and banned" in absentia. :D While I applaud their underlying theme of protection of this breed, the implementation left a lot to be desired. Here, we assume everyone has good intent and anyone can be found ignorant (without knowledge) and in need of knowledge regarding the furbaby without being castigated.

I would say the theme here is "Education is Fun!".

·
Registered
63 Posts
Thank you all for the warm welcome! Such a big difference than the other place where I would have to read and re-read every post that I would add and then imagine, prior to posting, all the scrutiny and weird remarks I would get, if I would even get responses.

I made my last post on that site this morning, after agonizing over it before sending for a good 15 minutes. I finally had to respond to a poster whose story about her JS foster made me sob and she said something about hate that was so inspirational, I finally HAD to respond in kind. Response was more provoked actually by another angry poster who denounced this poor woman's feeling about hatred. It made me so mad, I just finally had to say something nice to counter the other poster's remark.

The way some of the other long time posters made me feel like the site was theirs exclusively and that if my opinion differed from theirs, I obviously wasn't as good as they were really forced me to look elsewhere. What's really funny is that some of the long time posters there also post at another site and their posts on that site seem as if they are from completely different people.

Now....the good stuff: let me tell you all about Morocco...now I simply call him 'Rocco. Much easier and makes more sense to other people when I'm explaining to them that he is a 4 year old rescue, who, when I brought him home last year, had already been in 3 other homes. We don't know too much about him except what we have figured out on our own -- that he was definitely in a home (at least one of them) with domestic violence, and that his last home had given him up because he was deemed "too aggressive". If you take one look at his picture (taken at his grandma's house, who calls him her little angel), I can tell you that the state he is in is a normal state now for 'Rocco. One last detail (I won't bore you with more details of his story) is that I named him Morocco because that is where my fiance's deceased father was originally from and I loved the exotic sound of it as a name. He is definitely NOT named for the chef.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
i was about to tell you that Rocco Dispierato is a horrible person!!! lol. i love the show though.

anyway, you will never bore us when you talk about rocco.
we have a receptionist here who has a friend from moracco. i met her a couple of times--she's nice.

you HAVE to make a page up on dogster. that one in your avatar looks small.
and its an easy way to put up his fav toys and foods. www.dogster.com

i hope to see you post on here more. and you'll see that whatever you write on here will definitely be posted. now the only time i "think" is to make sure that i'm clear and i dont have that many misspellings. lol.

Welcome to Rocco and his mommy!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts