Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received an email from lucylou this morning informing me that because she didn't receive my check the first week of the month (which I sent out to an address that she supplied after we spoke once her electricity was turned back on), and my paypal payment (which should've went out yesterday-my fault) she doesn't feel comfortable proceeding with the sale of Dash.

I wanted you guys to know since I've talked about him on and off for months now. What's confusing to me about all of this is that I speak to her at least once a week and on and off through emails. I previously asked her if she received the check and she told me she didn't go to the PO box to pick it up. Fast forward to two weeks later and this morning's email.

Well you can't force somebody to do something that they obviously didn't feel comfortable doing so to her I say good luck.

To you guys I say I am back on my search for a maltese.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Oh, I'm so sorry. I know that even though he wasn't with you yet that you feel a sense of loss. Last year, I was going to get a rescue Maltese and then found out she had heartworms and even though I hadn't even seen her yet, I felt a terrible sense of sadness and loss. So I'm sure you must be feeling sad right now. I hope things work out for you......

(I didn't feel comfortable taking on a heartworm positive dog because I knew I couldn't keep her quiet for 6 weeks, as is required, due to having Kallie.....)

·
Registered
285 Posts
Are you telling me that with only 5 days to go she decides to cancel the sale?
Have you given her any money at all? I don't see what the problem is
if you have been talking to her and e-mailing her. Maybe I missed something
in your original post. That just doesn't make sense. And now you probably
have all this stuff that you bought getting ready for his home coming.

I'm soooo sorry for you having to go through this. Maybe you should talk
to her again and see if you can't get something worked out.

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
I am so sorry for you and I am sure you are feeling a real sense of disappointment right now, but surely there must be a way to work this out between the two of you.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Sorry.....

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you all for your kind words.

I too found it odd since we've been communicating so much, she didn't even mention it. I mean, I don't expect her to send a dog to me with no money in her pocket, it wasn't a C.O.D. transaction.
Even when I offered to make the final payment via paypal (because I didn't send the second check out on the 15th and I prefer paypal anyway) and listed the balance owed, she never said she didn't receive the first check and that I should add it on to my paypal payment...

As far as working things out, that is entirely up to her.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I am so sorry for you as I have had TWO ripped, what I felt was virtually out of my arms, too.........and it is a heartbreaker...BUT...I want to tell you that, I too, have talked with LucyLou and I find her to be a most reputable and trusting breeder and individual. I can not begin to imagine her doing this without some other reason....there must be a GOOD REASON she did this and I'm sure she will work something out with you...if only to give you a good explanation, if she hasn't.

In any case, my heart breaks for you because I know ...I've been there..and whether the reason is a good one or not, you are still hurt....there's no getting around that one.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Violet's Mom@Sep 22 2005, 11:13 AM

I too found it odd since we've been communicating so much, she didn't even mention it.  I mean, I don't expect her to send a dog to me with no money in her pocket, it wasn't a C.O.D. transaction. 
  Even when I offered to make the final payment via paypal (because I didn't send the second check out on the 15th and I prefer paypal anyway) and listed the balance owed, she never said she didn't receive the first check and that I should add it on to my paypal payment...

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=102084
[/QUOTE]

I hate to be practical when you are probably hurting but I do want to help you avoid this type of situation in the future.

I think when strangers are doing business that it can get "sticky" when payment isn't received, no matter what the reason is. That is just human nature. I hope you don't mind some advice based on a lot of years of business experience .... and that is to send all payments to arrive on time via a traceable method such as UPS or FedEx and to not send a regular check, but rather a Certified or Cashier's check.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@ MM - the conversations that i've had with lucylou have always been pleasant...I think she's a good breeder because she knows and understands maltese very well. Heck, i even dedicated a thread to her
I've told her personal stories, etc. so it's not like I didn't find her trustworthy.

Whatever her reasonings are/were, she should've been able to tell me. I'm a big girl, i can take it. Just don't wait until the paint is almost dry before deciding that you don't like the color, is all i'm saying.

This experience just leaves a very bad taste in my mouth...

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom+Sep 22 2005, 11:31 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Violet's Mom
@Sep 22 2005, 11:13 AM

I too found it odd since we've been communicating so much, she didn't even mention it.  I mean, I don't expect her to send a dog to me with no money in her pocket, it wasn't a C.O.D. transaction.  

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=102084
I hate to be practical when you are probably hurting but I do want to help you avoid this type of situation in the future.

I think when strangers are doing business that it can get "sticky" when payment isn't received, no matter what the reason is. That is just human nature. I hope you don't mind some advice based on a lot of years of business experience .... and that is to send all payments to arrive on time via a traceable method such as UPS or FedEx and to not send a regular check, but rather a Certified or Cashier's check.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=102095
[/B][/QUOTE]

I appreciate your advice. Of course I don't mind

That's why I initially wanted to do it via paypal because I feel very comfortable with the way they do things.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Violet..

I'm wondering if maybe this isn't the right place to get Lucy Lou to talk with you regarding this agreement. What I mean is that she may take offense to your putting this on the site and not dealing with her in a personal way.

I'm trying to understand what happened here. Did you not make the payment to her on the 15th? Is that the problem? Was she supposed to have the money on the 15th? Had you asked her if you could pay later? I don't know...I'm a bit confused here although I really find it is not my business or anyone else's on here...it is between LucyLou and you.............I just don't understand this.....maybe you can tell us the "whole story" or maybe it would just be best for you to keep it between Lucy Lou and yourself. She REALLY seems like a reasonable person and I may purchase a puppy from her sometime in the near future myself. I feel I can trust her so not sure I understand this entire transaction/agreement.

One more question...did you have a written agreement and if you did and if you stood up to your part of the agreement, then why can Lucy Lou take the puppy away from you? Something isn't clicking here..........

Sorry if I'm acting dumb........but I am totally confused here.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
i just want to say a couple things 1) there are always 2 sides to a story (dont read into that, just a fact) and 2) i will leave this open as long as it stays civil, this is a private situation and probably should be dealt with that way

i now return you to your regularly scheduled program

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
In defense of Lucylou I must say, if I didn't receive the original check, nor the paypal payment (admittedly your fault) I wouldn't feel comfortable either.

I know this is a disappointment for you, however, with only five days to go, it was your responsibility in making sure checks were cleared and all payments were made.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by maggiesmom@Sep 22 2005, 10:47 AM
  I'm wondering if maybe this isn't the right place to get Lucy Lou to talk with you regarding this agreement.  What I mean is that she may take offense to your putting this on the site and not dealing with her in a personal way. 
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=102110
[/QUOTE]

I wondered the same thing...

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by tlunn+Sep 22 2005, 12:02 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-maggiesmom
@Sep 22 2005, 10:47 AM
   I'm wondering if maybe this isn't the right place to get Lucy Lou to talk with you regarding this agreement.  What I mean is that she may take offense to your putting this on the site and not dealing with her in a personal way.  
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=102110

I wondered the same thing...

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=102119
[/B][/QUOTE]

I agree with you all. It isn't possible for us to have a full understanding of what is going on by only hearing one side. I think this is best handled privately between the two people directly involved.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
there are 2 sides to every story

and without getting into the very personal details i will say this.

if you didn't receive the first payment on anything and make it a point to speak to someone almost daily (email) or over the phone (once, sometimes 2x a week) wouldn't you have brought that up? if you just sent me pictures of the dog and told me which one you liked best, etc. wouldn't you have said btw, i didn't receive your money that you 'claimed' to have sent 2 weeks ago...blah blah blah?

i was very upset (naturally) when i read the email, i guess this shouldn't have been brought up on the forum BUT i wanted to let you guys know that i wasn't getting dash since my siggie did say he comes home in a few days and i started a thread about the countdown.

Also, i am not trying to discourage anybody about using LL for a breeder. As i said, she is very knowledgable about the breed. It just didn't work out for me and naturally, i am sad about it.

Now back to your originally scheduled Forum

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Originally posted by Joe@Sep 22 2005, 11:57 AM
i just want to say a couple things 1) there are always 2 sides to a story (dont read into that, just a fact) and 2) i will leave this open as long as it stays civil, this is a private situation and probably should be dealt with that way

i now return you to your regularly scheduled program
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=102115
[/QUOTE]

I must say I agree with Joe on this, a business matter between two people should be kept private and resolved in the same manner, not brought to the attention of everyone in here because all that may do is perhaps cause a lot of misunderstanding and judgements without the full facts from both individuals. I do sympathize with your disappointment but I am sure there must be an explanation forthcoming to you from the other person concerned.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.