Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
We are new here and what a way to start! Everyone is so nice and welcoming.

I am having my third hand surgery this coming Friday so I had to get Courtney cut short. I just wont be able to keep her up up for about two months and I didn't want to go through matting. She will be happy this summer I think.
Here is a before and after picture. I am not sure how I like this. I just love long hair on her and this is such a big change. I think her face looks sooo cute though. I couldn't get her to face me, she was too busy begging for treats from my son.
Let me know what you think.
DeAnna

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Courtney looks fantastic!

You'll start loving it...I so wanted to keep Sylphide in long coat, and worked so hard to keep it mat free when her adult coat came in after the spay, but gave up when it became a 2 hour per night ordeal for both of us.

I actually really enjoy her in ultra short coat now, because that's the best cut for beautiful little dresses and outfits

Sylphide loves her short cut. She gets miserable and hot when it starts growing in, even in the chilly NE.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Good Job!

·
Registered
14 Posts
awwww, she looks gorgeous! I love how her face looks. I think I'm going to take this picture to the groomers so they can see how I would want the face cut.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by ConnieVa@May 29 2005, 06:18 AM
What a cutie.  How often do you all have to have your babies groomed ?  Is it something you can do yourself ?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=66572
[/QUOTE]

I groom Brink myself...not a pro, but it works for us!
We trim/clip something every few weeks.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
I think she looks very cute! Good luck with your hand surgery,Ive had one done and the other one is to be done very soon too.They wanted to do both at the same time but I said
I need at least one of them to do the nessasery things

·
Registered
841 Posts
Aw love the cut.. Tell me is it a cliipper or sissor cut? I know Summer will have to be cut soon its just to hot here in the summer time.
If its a clipper what size blade ?

Hope the Hand surgery goes well

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
WARM WELCOMES! What a cutie! I LOVE short hair!

·
Registered
755 Posts
Originally posted by ConnieVa@May 29 2005, 04:18 AM
What a cutie.  How often do you all have to have your babies groomed ?  Is it something you can do yourself ?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=66572
[/QUOTE]

I like grooming Princess myself too.
I don't have to worry about some stranger's gonna hurt my baby. I give her a bath every 10days or so and I do trimming every other month. It gets easier as you get used to it. :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts