Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from Petsmart and this guy checking out in front of my had a big bag of Wellness on the counter and this bug starts walking around (couldn't tell where it came from ). Next thing I know the clerk is opening the bag and looking inside and exclaiming 'no bugs inside'. I know this is considered a good food so am wondering what this is all about. Clerk said that they had someone else bring back a bag that had bugs in it...clerk said he could even see webby stuff inside. Is this a bad batch from the factory/what happened? Anyway, just a 'heads up' if you buy Wellness you may want to open the bag and check. ?? Just kinda weird... ?? :unsure:

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So do you think they got in from the Petsmart store or from the factory??? I don't feed Wellness kibble, but did pick up a bag of their jerky treats

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
oh that sounds scary! I just got a new bag of wellness food, and thank goodness it looks fine.

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
I had bugs in kibble years ago. It happens once in awhile. Just make certain you get rid of the bag and the food if you find it contaminated.

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
Yikes! I feed Wellness and just bought a new bag for the doggies. I haven't seen anything yet, but will keep my eyes peeled. Thanks for the heads up.

Also, does Wellness offer coupons? I would like to get my cats on Wellness too. But have been feeding them Nutro Natural choice indoor, since I have 3.00 off coupons for.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I wouldn't worry about the bugs unless they were INSIDE the bag. I've had that happen before where the bugs were on the outside of the bag. I think they come from the store itself and not the manufacturer of the dog food. The only time I've had bugs INSIDE was once when I bought an Everlasting treat ball. The treat inside the ball grew weavils. So gross.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts