Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i give buddy and chico each a greenie , chico went promptly over to buddy and took his out his mouth , Buddy went and got the one chico left on the floor . Chico sees this and went back over to buddy and took the greenie out of his mouth again . did it another time , i told him no you have one and he has one
so they lay together in the doggy bed to chew their greenie then about 10 mins later i hear the devil come out of chico and buddy crying !! he must have went after the greenie chico was chewing . chico looked very gulity at me and he dropped his greenie in front of me
so i took them both away im telling you greenies are doggy crack!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Originally posted by Kodie@Mar 2 2005, 01:37 PM
what did I tell you..... greenies are ...................EVIL!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=39308
[/QUOTE]

I KNEW IT! Go figure you'd be the first to post on this thread! PUAHAHAHAHA

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
wow ..parker hasnt displayed this yet. but im not saying he wont. but he lets me hold his greenies sometimes to get them started. they give him such fresh breath...i wont stop until he goes psycho too!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Mine become such psychos. Even Noriko has bit me! I wasn't sure if it's because she was so overwhelmed and overjoyed b/c of the greenies and/or Cloud wanting to steal it from her, but when I try to grab it, she bit me...3 times. I was pissed. I'm ASSUMING AND HOPING it's because she think's I'm Cloud trying to steal it from her. Gotta feel a little sorry for her. Cloud is such a Klepto...I think he's related to Tlunn!

Cloud is just the worst! He would totally let me hold it if I were already holding it. But once I let go, it's the evil in him that comes out.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko@Mar 2 2005, 05:14 PM
Cloud is such a Klepto...I think he's related to Tlunn! 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=39343
[/QUOTE]

:eek:

Ha ha...you are SO not funny!

Brinkley acted HORRID last night when he was chewing on a pig ear and hubby tried to pet him! That is the worst snarling-growling I have EVER heard him do! :eek: Hubby was NOT standing for it...and Brink got the idea REALLY quickly that he or I would take the pig ear whenever WE wanted it!!! Good grief! Scared the POO out of me because he was laying RIGHT next to me and I was grading papers. He was SO calm and then all of the sudden he just SNAPPED! Whew! I think pig ears are crack in my house!

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I haven't been giving Ruby Jean greenies because I thought they weren't good for her-did I miss something saying that there alright? She loved them and I would love to buy more for her.....she's gonna be so excited!

·
Registered
323 Posts
I agree they must be like doggy crack. Ours get them and run to their designated areas and eat them so fast then go looking to see if the other one is done and if they can steal it. Our vet told us that when they are eating something like this or a pigs ear it is a good time to train them to let you take things away, but that you should say their name and have a command that you use consistantly for them to drop it, because we had this problem with Josie snapping when you would try to take things (little miss alpha thing
) and this seems to help alot, we just say their name get their attention and say drop it and it usually works-----even with the doggy crack greenies........

·
Registered
416 Posts
The Boom Boom used to do stuff like that with bones and stuff... I finally decided I was going to teach him give. I started with little things he had had for a long time and slowly moved up the chain, each time making him sit before I took what he had, and each time I made sure to praise him lots and give it back.

I can even get brand new bones from him now! He'll give it to me as soon as I touch whatever it is, I don't even have to say give anymore.. It's pretty cool.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
denise and chico....its totally normal. and make sure that you give chico more attention and give him treats before buddy.

when gruffi first went into the house--he'd grab a toy, sprite would take it out of his mouth and put it on the ground a foot away from him.

its sad...but a little funny. lol.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Nichole@Mar 2 2005, 06:47 PM
Has anyone tried Canine Carry Outs?  It is a dog treat that are found in most stores.  Anyway, we call them Doggie Cocaine.  No one growls over them, but both dogs get so psyched that they freak out and strat running round the house.  In fact, they can hear the bag coming out of the drawer while in other parts of the house.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=39381
[/QUOTE]

Brink LOVES the grilled chicken ones...

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
you guys HAVE to try Natural Balance lamb rounds!!!! sprite LOVES THEM. and she's soo picky!!

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
man at least im not alone!
Really i dont know what is in those things but boy its like me when im PMSing and eating chocolate no one better take it
seroiusly, we all have been making sure chico gets everything first and lots of love and kisses also i dont have buddy sleep with me only chico so he knows he is special , buddy sleeps with my son . Oh and can i have a proud mommy moment one my son made honer roll and student of the month!!! and my other son of the furry kind has been doing excellent on the wee wee pad no accidents! In 3 days ! at 12 weeks i think that is amazing . i hope i didnt jinz myself!
~ Denise

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Originally posted by Denise&Chico@Mar 2 2005, 08:51 PM
man at least im not alone!
  Really i dont know what is in those things but boy its like me when im PMSing and eating chocolate no one better take it 

seroiusly, we all have been making sure chico gets everything first and lots of love and kisses also i dont have buddy sleep with me only chico so he knows he is special , buddy sleeps with my son . Oh and can i have a proud mommy moment one my son made honer roll and student of the month!!! and my other son of the furry kind has been doing excellent on the wee wee pad no accidents! In 3 days ! at 12 weeks i think that is amazing . i hope i didnt jinz myself! 
  ~ Denise
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=39416
[/QUOTE]
Congrats!!! You must be a very proud mom to your skin kid and your fur kid!!!!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Nichole@Mar 2 2005, 06:47 PM
Has anyone tried Canine Carry Outs?  It is a dog treat that are found in most stores.  Anyway, we call them Doggie Cocaine.  No one growls over them, but both dogs get so psyched that they freak out and strat running round the house.  In fact, they can hear the bag coming out of the drawer while in other parts of the house.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=39381
[/QUOTE]

Gosh, they sound wonderful. I've never herd of them...Where do you get them... places like PetSmart?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts